“Very Loud, Thin Walls and Windows”

Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport
Ranked #59 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed June 9, 2011

This hotel is fairly new, very clean, nice staff, and nicely has nicely decorated rooms. Unfortunately, all I really want out of an airport hotel is a good/quiet night of sleep. I travel 75-100 nights a year, but this was my first experience with a Sheraton Four Points, and it was one of the loudest hotels that I have stayed at. The ceilings are high and the walls are paper thin. Between the noise from doors slamming, the hallway, and the parking lot (apparently the windows are as thin as the walls), it is very difficult to sleep.

I typically stay at a different chain, but gave this a chance due to a substantial price difference, but I'll definitely go back to my usual option and likely won't give Sheraton Four Points another chance.

It is unfortunate that this could be a nice business class hotel if not for shoddy construction.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SuperDave41042
4PointsManagement, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2011

I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay here at the Four Points by Sheraton. I am glad you did find parts of your stay were comfortable, but getting a restful sleep is also very important and I apologize that didn’t happen. I would like to discuss this matter further with you so that we can find a room that is a good fit for you should you give us another opportunity to earn your business. Please feel free to contact me, and thank you for your review.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

Of course fours points are the basic hotels of the starwood line and this one is no different. clean, great beds, good size room, good bar/eatery and the shuttle was great. I have used this hotel a few times when traveling and love it!!

Room Tip: they are all the same
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank thedzoo

Thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our uncomplicated comforts! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2011

I was traveling alone for business. It thought the hotel was perfect for what I wanted. A clean room that was close to downtown Sacramento. The only complaint I had was the internet quality. This appears to be a fairly new hotel, so the rooms were in great shape. The hostess in the restaurant was VERY nice. She was there early in the morning (6:30am) and she was still friendly at night while serving dinner 12 hours later!
I will go back when I am in Sacramento.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Irvine-Robbie
4PointsManagement, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2011

Thank you for your kind review. I am sorry to hear that the internet connection was slow. On your next stay feel free to ask the front desk for an Ethernet cord to plug in directly to your computer or call us at the front desk and we will try and assist you with getting a stronger connection. We are delighted that other than the internet you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 30, 2011

The front desk staff, with one exception, were apathetic and disdainful. It was as though I had *dared* to interrupt one of the front desk clerks doing her nails. How silly of me to expect some semblance of service from a front desk.

Hotels should keep one thing foremost in mind: To tired and excited travelers, it's the small things that can really make a huge difference. Travelers are not looking for an experience like the Royal Wedding or even anything particularly difficult to deliver. Instead, the things that are important and mean a lot are things like making sure there's soap for the laundry, to be knowledgeable about and willing to recommend a nice local restaurant or two, to smile, to inquire if the guest needs anything, rather than just hanging around talking and (sigh) waiting until the guest inevitably and eventually finds his or way up to the counter to ask the question.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank R F

We appreciate your feedback and you are absolutely correct, service is all about proactive courtesies and taking the best care of our guests. I will share your comments and your feedback with our staff and use this as a training opportunity. I am glad to see that you were pleased with the overall cleanliness of the hotel and the location of the property. I hope that if you are in the Sacramento area again you will give us another opportunity to make a better impression. Please feel free to contact me directly to take care of your future reservation.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

We stayed here for a much needed one night getaway on 4/16. We stayed here one other time prior to flying out the Sacramento Airport and it was a decent hotel at a good price, so I was pleased when we won it on Priceline. We checked in the evening of 4/16 and were getting ready for a dinner reservation. The iron in our room was broken so we called to the front desk and requested a new one. Told them we only had an hour to get ready and never received a new iron. Went to dinner in wrinkly clothes. Returned to the hotel at 11PM and a wedding was occurring in the pavillion. For some reason there were police officers present and that should have been our first warning. Since the pavillion is separated from the hotel we were not too concerned. We went to bed around midnight and were awoken to a party IN THE HALLWAY outside our room. I opened the door to see what was going on and there were 20-30 younger adults drinking and carrying on in the hallway. I called the front desk (how they were not aware is beyond me since we were on the 2nd floor). A few moments later we hear a hotel employee yelling at them to back to their rooms. A verbal exchange occurs, the drunk guests scream profanities at the employee. The employee leaves and the party ensues. A second female employee attempts to get them to their rooms, with no luck. They remained in the hallway until 3AM, then went to their rooms and drank and carried on until 6AM. Pot smoke wafted into our room via the vents. We got no sleep. The walls in this hotel are paper thin. We also had the pleasure of hearing a baby cry on the other side of us for most of the night. The next morning I call the front desk and ask to speak to a manager. I am told he will be in around 9AM. He never calls. We check out at 10AM and ask to speak to a manager again and are told he didn't come in that day. I LOVE being LIED to by employees. The rather apathetic and completely unapologetic front desk staff take my number and tell me a manager will call. That was 10 days ago and no phone call yet. I cannot believe a hotel would allow this! Call the police, eject unruly hotel guests. To allow them to stay and ruin the entire second floors night of sleep is unacceptable.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shannonk77

Thank you very much for your review. I would first like to apologize that we weren’t able to be available to you sooner. I would like to let you know that it’s our goal to deliver exceptional service and go above and beyond each one of guests expectations and I am sorry to hear that we didn’t do that for you.

We would like to discuss this matter further. Please contact myself or our Assistant General Manager Mario Navarro directly at the hotel at 916-263-9000.

Again my sincere apologies and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed April 10, 2011

I can't comment on the thin-ness of the walls as I'm fairly certain that no one was in an adjoining room.

The room was clean, modern, and the bathroom was very clean (and stark white! By design)

The location is closest to the airport, but it's only about a 15 minute drive to downtown (though I didn't go this time).

Internet connectivity on the fourth floor was excellent!

I'd return, as evidenced by my reservation to return in two weeks.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank LQGuy
4PointsManagement, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

Thank you for the review we appreciate your feedback and we are pleased you enjoyed our convenient wireless internet as well as our modern design. We look forward to seeing you with us again!

Reviewed February 2, 2011

Staff was really helpful and friendly from the moment I walked in. The front desk, the maid service, and the hostess at breakfast in the morning. Very pleasant stay. Location is about 10 minutes or so from downtown. I was in town on business and had a corporate rate, I thought it was a great value very nice spacious room. Not much close by, need to have a car if you stay here for sure, but that might be a no-brainer in Sacramento.. Also the plus for business traveler is you can get a nice breakfast before you head out, not just a continental one.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank hickeywb

Thank you for you review of our property. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!