We flew in to visit with family and friends for a long weekend, and had a very nice stay. The hotel is conveniently located near lots of shops, restaurants and coffee houses. We were fortunate to be visiting over "2nd Saturday" a very fun Artsy type of event in mid-town with food, crafts, music and fun. Although it was a loud affair, our room was very soundproof.
This isn't a 4 or 5 star hotel, but it's still very good. They have a self parking garage next door for $17. per night, no valet, however it's still off the street, and we felt safe leaving our car there.
The lobby was big with a fireplace, a bar and comfy seating. We used it each evening we were there as our own private family room for visiting with our family and friends, it was great!
The breakfast was pretty good, and the rooms were great. The bedroom area was a little small, but I never felt claustrophobic. A couple of times there were items that weren't restocked--shampoo once, and coffee once--which we had to ask for at the front desk. The hairdryer in the room quit one morning and within minutes they brought up another. I was impressed with the pleasant staff.
If I could change a few things about this hotel it would be--
valet for parking and for luggage,
free internet--yes, there is a charge!
and a safe in the room.
Other than that--it was perfect for us. We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at Sacramento's newly renovated Residence Inn that offers a full service experience in the heart of Downtown. Conveniently located one block from the State Capitol and the Convention Center, our downtown location offers world class restaurants, theaters, museums and city wide events all within walking distance. This beautiful 15-story hotel offers 235 spacious suites that include fully-equipped kitchens, living rooms with plenty of space for relaxing & entertaining. Our just remodeled 3 Fires Lounge located just off the lobby offers a lunch and dinner menu as well as in room dining. We make your stay more enjoyable with complimentary grocery shopping & on-site laundry facilities. Don't forget to join us for our complimentary hot breakfast buffet each morning. Relax by our pool or soak in the spa to melt tensions away. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, our friendly staff takes pride in exceeding your every expectation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown At Capitol Park Hotel Sacramento
- Residence Inn Capitol Park
- Sacramento Residence Inn