Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$159
$198
$186
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskfull kitchenconvention centerrose gardenparking garageone bedroom suiteacross the streethotel barliving areawalking distancerooms are largehome away from homegreat customer servicedefinitely stay here againi highly recommend this hotelgreat roomcomplimentary breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 6, 2009

I stayed in a 2 room suite for 4 nights for a convention at the Convention Center and the Hyatt with my teenage daughter. There was a king bed in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room/kitchen.
Pros:
-New hotel, clean, beautiful lobby with cozy areas to sit/relax including bar area
-Short walk to convention site, area relatively safe
-Frozen meals & snacks in lobby, had one cheap dinner in room
-Ice maker inside room frig (no trips out of room needed)
-One bartender was very friendly/helpful (wish I had written down his name)
-Hot breakfast buffet, staff there were helpful
-Very good price on a Marriott special/lower than convention rate
Cons:
-Fortunately I checked in a day before most of the convention families. My pals who arrived and checked in the next day had to wait hours until early evening to get their rooms. Desk staff did not seem friendly (they were swamped by a lot of incoming folks).
-I never saw a valet for "valet parking" my entire stay. Parking was not convenient, building was next door with unsafe walk to get there across narrow hotel driveway with not much sidewalk around a sharp bend, then up another elevator to floors 5-7 to park.
-Low supply of yogurt cartons at breakfast, ran out immediately
-Room with king bed is small, not much room to maneuver around bed/closet is tiny
-Bed not comfortable for some reason/odd for new hotel. Sofa bed terribly uncomfortable (common in most hotels)
-Asked for quiet location away from elevator, stairwell etc. but was given room at end of hall next to the stairwell so could hear noise from that from time to time.
-Why do I always get awakened by early am trash trucks (not the fault of the hotel, but one morning it was 4:25 am!)?

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We arrived at this hotel about 3:45 p.m., but weren't given our room until almost 5pm! There were other people waiting too, the front desk simply said it was sold out the night before, but never offered an apology or attempted to make better of this situation.

I liked the proximity to the Capitol and just in short walking distance is a CVS Pharmacy, Starbucks, CPK, and other restaurants and shops. The hotel rooms appears smaller than other RI rooms. These are newer and have nice flat LCD TVs. The free wireless was useful. The pool area is new and includes a jacuzzi.

I would stay here again because of its location.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2009

I stayed at this hotel due to the location and the idea of being in something like an apartment since I was going to be away for 3 weeks. If I had to do it again given the choice I would stay at the Hyatt down the street., however if I didnt have a choice I would be fine too. Overall I would rate my stay here average. The hotel is clean and the staff were cordial the location could not have been better. There are great resturants, bars, lounges, etc around.

Pros:
Breakfast every morning
Hot chocolate chip cookies every afternoon
Managers reception (Thurs)
Free wireless internet
Kitchen (refrig, microwave, stovetop, dishware, etc)
Location

Now my cons:
The beds in the rooms were not very comfortable at all. For the type of apartment style "home away from home" I expected much better bedding.

The rooms also did not have dvd players, which was a disappointment for an extended stay.

I also was disappointed to find that the one bedrooms did not have ovens and very disappointed that the elevators were annoyingly loud and could hear them in my room along with being terrified that someone was entering my room only to find that the walls were super thin and it was only the neighboring hotel guest entering their room.

In addition, there were several nights I arrived at the hotel to park and the drive way would be completly blocked with cars. The valets were no where to be found and I was not able to get into the parking garage. The parking garage is another con, hotel guest are only allowed to park on the 5, 6, 7 floors.

One more note...this hotel does not provided anti-baterial wipes in the workout area, in order for the machines to be wiped down before and after workouts. The gym is very minimal but suitable for someone just maintaining.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2009

Nobody actually working on site is "authorized" to perform any duties. But good luck finding a manager or supervisor who is.
When our large group arrived for check-in, it had been arranged that we be "pre-keyed" for an expedited check-in. This wasn't the case, and the clerks at the desk weren't authroized to make this arrangement.
When checking out, there was a problem with my bill (overcharged by signifcant amt). But there was no employee on duty authorized to fix it. I was told to call the next day. I did speak to a manager the next day, but the bill was still not adjusted correctly. It has now been three weeks, and after leaving a lot of messages for various managers, I haven't been able to get anyone to return my calls.
Frustrating.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank Hagop9
Reviewed April 27, 2009

We stayed at the Residence Inn while attending a convention at the nearby Sacramento Convention Center and we were quite impressed. I have stayed extensively at Marriott hotels throughout the country and this met or exceeded my expectations.

LOCATION: Overall, the location was outstanding. It is a short block from the Capitol building and convention center and within very easy walking distance of an array of interesting restaurants and shops. It is next door to a parking garage for easy (but expensive - $17 a day) parking. In fact, if you are doing everything within the downtown area you may be able to walk exclusively.

ROOM: The one bedroom suite was exceptionally clean and well-appointed. The hotel has a very new feeling to it and the hotel room gave off a very new and clean feel. The kitchen (with granite and stainless steel) was a nice touch. Overall the room is a bit small for a Residence Inn but for two people it shouldn't be an issue. The free breakfast provided in the lobby was one of the better that I've had staying at the Residence Inn. It had a solid selection of hot foods (eggs, waffles, biscuits, oatmeal) and also a good selection of cold cereals, juices, yogurt etc.

OVERALL: Overall we found the staff, room and hotel to be great. We also stayed there on a very fair rate (booked two months in advance for $84 a night over the weekend). Given its location downtown it seemed like everything you needed was right there. My only caution would be the relatively high parking rates of $17 for self-parking and $20 for valet per night. I did not explore to see what the rate would be at other locations nearby but It was a bit high given the relatively low price on the room rate. We would stay here again. It has a small but functional gym and four computers in a small business center that abuts the lobby. The computer usage is free.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business