I've stayed at several Residence Inns, which tend to range from outdated with lousy mattresses to modern and comfortable. This property was one of the latter, with a modern kitchen with marble counters and stainless appliances (full fridge, dishwasher, counter-top burners and microwave - no oven).
We had a one bedroom suite with a king bed, large dressing area that had a vanity and full closet with double sliding doors, and a large bathroom. The mattress was very comfortable, with a TV in the bedroom, and a door that separated the kitchen/living area.
In addition to the full kitchen, there was a sitting area with a sofabed, arm chair, desk, small eating table (for two), and a large TV.
This hotel has the rooms off the hallway. The drawback to this design is that many guests view the hallway as an extension to their apartment-style room, so they close the flip-lock with the door open so that kids running back and forth can get back in without a key. This makes a large noise when the door closes on that lock propping it open.
Free wi-fi and a free hot breakfast that included eggs, sausage patties, biscuits with gravy, cereal, fruit, toast, do-it-yourself waffles, yogurt, and juices make it a great deal.
This hotel is walking distance to many great restaurants, the capitol park area, and Old Sacramento.
if you go to Old Sac, I recommend the Railway Museum, taking a few pictures, and not much else, unless you like touristy t-shirt shops and candy stores. Worth the visit for the feel of history and what the gold rush days might have been like, but I don't feel like I need to visit again.
We ate dinner at de Vere's Irish Pub. See my review for that venue (it was great)!
This hotel is right next to the convention center, and I would stay here again next time I go to Sacramento.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at Sacramento's newly renovated Residence Inn that offers a full service experience in the heart of Downtown. Conveniently located one block from the State Capitol and the Convention Center, our downtown location offers world class restaurants, theaters, museums and city wide events all within walking distance. This beautiful 15-story hotel offers 235 spacious suites that include fully-equipped kitchens, living rooms with plenty of space for relaxing & entertaining. Our just remodeled 3 Fires Lounge located just off the lobby offers a lunch and dinner menu as well as in room dining. We make your stay more enjoyable with complimentary grocery shopping & on-site laundry facilities. Don't forget to join us for our complimentary hot breakfast buffet each morning. Relax by our pool or soak in the spa to melt tensions away. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, our friendly staff takes pride in exceeding your every expectation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown At Capitol Park Hotel Sacramento
- Residence Inn Capitol Park
- Sacramento Residence Inn