“Front desk personnel, location & facilities are OUTSTANDING!!”

Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park
Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 7, 2013

On my first visit I was greeted by desk agent Virginia(Virgie) and she was so helpful in assisting me in choosing a quiet room location and in tending to all of my service requests. On each visit I've made since, she ALWAYS offers the same great level of service! A truely excellent employee here at the hotel. The facility was very clean, the room is quiet and the bed is comfortable. And you cant beat the great location in the center of downtown. I would highly recommend this Marriott product to anyone who is coming to visit the Sacramento area.... and THANK YOU again Virgie for all your help in making my stay a happy one!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we will certainly share your review with Virgie and our entire team. When you return we will have brand new carpet and furniture in our guest rooms to make your stay even more comfortable.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your next visit with us. Shelly Moranville, General Manager

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed in the residence inn for a convention center event. It has the perfect location, only two short blocks away. The state capitol is a few blocks the other way.
The hotel itself is OK. Rooms are spacious and clean but a little bit dated. Our suite had a nice kitchenette with a full refrigerator, microwave, small cooktop and dishwasher.
The breakfast featured the standard residence inn items, but the quality was not quite as good as other ones we stayed in. Parking is in the neighboring garage, $17 per day.
Overall we were happy with our stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

This Residence Inn is centrally located in downtown sac! There are a ton of places to eat and have drinks. Tourist areas are about 10 mins either direction, some within walking distance. You DO have to pay for parking here and just about everywhere in sac town so keep that in mind. A couple clubs right near the hotel really get busy on the weekend but doesn't really affect you in the room. Top notch staff, I would stay again on business but personal Vaca could get pricey.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The hotel staff were amazing. Once we arrived the staff helped us square away a problem with our booking. They were courteous throughout and gave us a huge deal based on what we were in town for. The hotel is very nice, modern and everything you could want is within walking distance. Once I got up to my room I realized that a button on a uniform jacket had torn off, called the front desk and they asked me to bring it down. They had returned the coat within two hours, and let me know that one of their employees had taken care of it. It looked exactly like it had before. I guess my point is that this place has exemplary customer service, It's worth your while to stay here if you're visiting Sacramento, as I know I will every time I return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ian D
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I love this place! Adriana is friendly, helpful, and patient. Whenever I arrive she always checks to see if she can go the extra mile. The Residence Inn at Capitol Park is my home away from home, and all of the staff does their best to make me comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Nice, modern room. Good and roomy lobby. Some action outside the doors. Easy parking. Generally does not feel like a Residence Inn, until you get into the room and see the kitchen...it's almost a surprise!

Good option in Sacramento, and highly recommended. It would be right for families, but most of my fellow guests were doing business downtown.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We have stayed here twice before. The location is good as you can walk to bars and restaurants. The room is excellent as others have stated and the service was efficient and polite.

With all of the positives, why won't we be back? First of all how many Residence Inns charge for parking? None others that I have been to, but this one tacks on $17/night and it is not prominent when you make the reservation. It is loud! I know urban hotels will be a bit louder, but this hotel had noise, inside and out, until 4:30 in the morning. Not a good night's sleep. The last straw was the security guard in the lobby at 5am as we were leaving. How safe is the area if the hotel needs a security guard? By the way, the security guard did not offer to walk us out to our car, past the smelly garbage, on the 7th floor of the parking structure. Clearly the guard is there for the employees and to protect the lobby, not the guests. This hotel does not represent the Residence Inn brand at all.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from street.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KevinBuildsWireless
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for your review! I do apologize for your disappointment, you are correct not many Residence Inn's charge for parking but not many are in downtown locations. Unfortunately, the hotel does not own the parking garage, we have a contract to rent spaces in the garage. I can tell you we charge less for our parking than the other hotels in the downtown area. As far as security, all hotels downtown have security. It is necessary as a high rise building and meant to aid the hotel staff in the event of an emergency or occasionally to prevent parties from taking place in our guest rooms; I do apologize if this left you with an uneasy feeling. I do appreciate your feedback and I did share this with our team.

Shelly Moranville