We had a 2 night stay and the room was very nice, clean and comfortable. The air conditioner was pretty darn loud but necessary to have on with Sacramento temps in the summer. Food in this neighborhood is close to non existence after 10pm unless you're willing to drive or just need a snack from the onsite store. We did find a great pizza place who would deliver to the hotel (Pizza Rock). We could see some girl tossing her cookies on the street below, we guess because there is a lot of drinking options, but no food to soak it up!
The hotel's FireSide lounge was really loud and the female bartender forgot our drinks! When my husband finally got her attention, she said she would only charge us for one drink, took our money and never came back with the change. I guess she assumed she should get a 2 $ tip. Rude and the drinks were just mediocre.
Free breakfast was not worth it. Eggs tasted like FISH? So did the Casaba Mellon! Only thing good was the pastries and toast. Went out to breakfast elsewhere the 2nd morning so we could actually have a meal. My biggest gripe however is with my Marriott Elite status, we were not even offered free Wifi and when I asked for a late check out, they wanted $75! $75 for an hour is ridiculous and I thought my "status" provided me a late check out. Normally I would have pre-cleaned the room before I left but not this time. I will not go back to this Marriott and I definitely won't recommend it either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at Sacramento's newly renovated Residence Inn that offers a full service experience in the heart of Downtown. Conveniently located one block from the State Capitol and the Convention Center, our downtown location offers world class restaurants, theaters, museums and city wide events all within walking distance. This beautiful 15-story hotel offers 235 spacious suites that include fully-equipped kitchens, living rooms with plenty of space for relaxing & entertaining. Our just remodeled 3 Fires Lounge located just off the lobby offers a lunch and dinner menu as well as in room dining. We make your stay more enjoyable with complimentary grocery shopping & on-site laundry facilities. Don't forget to join us for our complimentary hot breakfast buffet each morning. Relax by our pool or soak in the spa to melt tensions away. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, our friendly staff takes pride in exceeding your every expectation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown At Capitol Park Hotel Sacramento
- Residence Inn Capitol Park
- Sacramento Residence Inn