“Location, location, location!”

Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park
Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was in a great location for foodies or event junkies as it is in the heart of mid-town and easy walking distance to many great restaurants and a couple blocks from the Convention Center.

Pluses- The location is super convenient, it was easy to check in, used Marriott points, full breakfast buffet daily, some rooms have a view of Capitol Park (ask), all rooms are suites with comfy beds, the staff all seemed friendly and they accept animals.

Minuses- They accept animals! Dog in room below us howled several times in night. The parking garage is not free and requires exiting hotel, entering an alley and entering another exterior elevator for parking levels. The couches are not comfy for TV viewing or snuggling. Also, the Convention Center activities can dictate the crowd and their level of maturity- unfortunately, we were unknowingly there for SacAnime weekend; whilst the ensembles were very entertaining, the comportment of the attendees was not. It was very noisy in the hotel with zero monitoring of the rowdy guests. So between the dog and the shrieking young adults there was zero sleep. Note to self and others- always check what is happening at the Center nearby BEFORE booking.

Moral to our comic adventure- check first which heroes will be visiting the local area; if of the non-ComicCon or Anime variety- the masses are likely safe to book here and would definitely enjoy this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Nichole N

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We made reservations two months in advance for a suite. When we arrived it took well over an hour to finally get our room. We finally got our room, and decided to go swimming. There were no towels at the pool, so we went back to our room and got some towels, then called the front desk to have some towels brought to the pool area. They said they would bring them right up. We waited 30 minutes, and still no towels. Another party came down, and they said they called for towels too, after two hours and six people calling, no towels were ever delivered.
When we got back to our room and asked to have towels sent up, we never received those either. I even went to the front desk and asked, we never received them. I decided this would be the last time we stayed. I've received better customer service from seedy motels than we got here.
The rooms are nice, the beds are comfortable, and the rooms are clean. The hallways seemed to be filled with bags of laundry and trash that housekeeping just decided to leave there. This was at seven in the evening, way past time for housekeeping to be done.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We are repeat quests at the Residence Inn @ Capital Park and will continue to return. The staff is extremely accomodating and the rooms are wondeful; bright and cheery! The location of the property is fantastic, expecially if traveling with a pet as you have the park just across the street. The property is also surrounded by fantastic restaurants and bars, all within a block or two.

Room Tip: Capital Park view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ArtisanJourneys
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your review.. We team works hard and it makes me smile to read your review and be able to share with them your experience. I am very fortunate to have such a great group of people working with me.

Thanks again! Shelly Moranville

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was the best I have stayed in...super clean...gorgeous ladies at the front desk...attentive staff...quiet room...all I needed is in easy walking distance...

Trust me when I say I will tell others about this experience...thanks so much! Call me to personally vouch for this stay.

Tom Baker

Room Tip: Get a room above the second floor...overlook the streets if you can...the view of the night lights i...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lvemkr1
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights on Marriott points. We found the location ideal for the Capitol building, Governor's Mansion and local restaurants. You can even walk to old town. The breakfast had a good selection, although on the second day the seating area was maxed out with a massive party, so we ended up sitting in the reception area. The parking was a little frustrating as I always ended up on the 7th (top) floor, which almost makes you dizzy driving up and down.

We had a 2 bedroom suite which was perfect and extremely comfortable.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Residence Inn for just one day and night from July 22nd to July 23rd using the Couple Getaway package, which included a champagne bottle, hot breakfast buffet, and a late checkout at 2PM, and I couldn't have been happier with our choice. We had come from mountaineering for three days so the spacious studio complete with a kitchenette and King-size bed was a wonderful sight for our sore eyes, bodies, and minds. The room was very clean with a lot of space for two people and modern decor. It was quiet and we had a nice view of the street and part of Capitol Park.

The only cons were the room cards and a faulty bathroom tub plug. It always took us a couple minutes to get into the room because you have to swipe the card at just the right speed to get it to open. We couldn't access the pool area because the cards wouldn't work properly. The bathroom tub would flood during showers because the plug kept sinking down and wouldn't stay up to drain no matter how many times it was manipulated. Since we were only staying for one night, these things didn't bother us too much and staff were apologetic when we informed them of the problems at check-out.

The biggest reason I give this hotel an excellent rating is because of its staff. From reception to checking out and running into staff in-between, the staff at this hotel were always courteous and helpful. I have to especially thank the team of receptionists Virgie and Timmie for their help in planning a birthday surprise for my boyfriend. After dinner and before our return to the room, they snuck into our room to prepare a sweet presentation of the champagne, chocolates, snacks, and a sign wishing him a happy birthday. He had no idea and was very grateful. Thank you both so much for your sweet gesture and effort! The hotel is very lucky to have you as employees.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Sacramento. It's a bit expensive per night, but it's worth the stay. You'll be treated well and the amenities are very clean. The breakfast buffet in the morning was also well-prepared with a good amount of options. The 3 Fires Lounge, accessible within the hotel, was also very chic and had a bar for drinks until 10PM Su-Th/12AM Fr & Sa. You're in the heart of Sacramento; near Capitol Park and Capitol Mall. I would recommend getting a room on a higher floor either facing the pool or Capitol Park.

Room Tip: - Higher floors are quieter with better views - Get to breakfast earlier than later
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andrea-Paula

Thank you so much for your very detailed review! We love the feedback and we have shared your review with our team. Personal thank you's were given to Timmie and Virgie for their wonderful surprise. Our staff loves to do the little things to make our guests smile! We hope to see you again. shelly moranville

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have been grounded in this great hotel for 8+ weeks now. No plans of moving out soon. I have decided to stay here for good. Needless tosay, this hotel has become my 2nd home away from home. The wonderful hotel staff - from the General Manager who is very responsive by the way, to the friendly front desk folks, to the breakfast servers, to the maintenance/engineering guys, and to their housekeeping - all treated me and my family with their native warmth magnanimity!
They made me and my family feel - "mi casa su casa". I travel a lot and I encounter them all. This hotel and their staff are simply the BEST! Keep up the outstanding job guys! Cara mia Residence Inn Sacramento! BRAVO ... Senor Vince

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thanks so much for the great review! We do appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to share it with the team. Shelly Moranville