“"Best stay-cation we could have hoped for"”

Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park
Ranked #1 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I decided to suprise my husband with a "stay-cation" in Sacramento last Friday night. We stayed at the Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown and it was a WONDERFUL experience. We were immediately impressed by the professional and friendly front desk customer service and the clean and classy hotel. After checking in to our beautiful room we enjoyed a beverage at the Three Fires lounge downstairs. Paul Padilla, the bar and food manager went above and beyond to make sure our time at this hotel was everything we had hoped for and much more.
The bed was incredibly comfy and the room was clean. Breakfast was included and was a hot buffet with a variety of options. This hotel is in an amazing location downtown sacramento. I give this hotel 5 stars and highly recommend the Residence Inn Sacramento, Capitol Park.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, central to lots of restaurants and bars within easy walking or stumbling distance. Parking is in a garage next door for $17 or street parking is free after 6 PM and on weekends. Make sure you park at or above the designated floors as we saw a few tickets on cars on lower floors that displayed the hotel parking pass. The rooms are smaller than your typical RI room but still tastefully decorated. We did not experience the breakfast or evening reception so read the other reviews.

A great breakfast spot for those that sleep in is the Captol Garage around the corner and for a fun time, check out karaoke at Hamburger Patties down the street. For dinner, try Monsoon or Lucca.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had a long day of driving and was very tired when checking in to the Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown, Capitol Park.

I forgot my wallet and car keys at the front desk without realizing it; River, the front desk attendant, brought my wallet and keys up to my room to insure that I would have these very two important items for my following work day!

Kudos to River for going above and beyond her duty at the front desk!

Room Tip: This Residence Inn is in a great location, and is run very efficiently. Nice place to stay while on...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The room had a very comfortable king bed and pillow.
Interesting room arrangement with Kitchen area, desk, living area, sleeping area, and bathroom.
Large flat-screen TV swivels to face the bed, living room couch, or dining table, acts as a partial room divider.
Quiet room, good location, friendly staff.
Good breakfast was included. Internet was free, also.
Parking cost $17, though.

Room Tip: I asked for a feather-free room. The foam bed was soft, as i like it, and the pillows were fine al...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Special thank you to Lyla for solving my reservation (mishandled by the travel company). Central location next to Capitol park and within walking distance to Old Sacramento. Very spacious rooms, clean and modern complemented by free Internet in the room and lobby. Good breakfast selection.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Mirfinad
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I've stayed here three times now on business and I've enjoyed it every time. But it seems I won't be visiting as much since they've figured out how popular they are and have raised rates during the week of my convention. I will miss the rooms that are all junior suites, the well appointed rooms and the free breakfast. I will be back when I can find a deal.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mrsnutpop
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Chose this hotel for its proximity to the Convention Center. Too bad pool was under construction that time. Free breakfast buffet was adequate. Not much choice. The room was a good size and the kitchenette was a big deal for me. BUT.... there was a spider by the window when we first came in! I was particularly worried for my child who almost came in contact with the bug. Sorry, for that little guy, my child's safety comes first. So I smashed it with my slippers, let front desk know of our first experience, and searched the internet right away if that was common. It was a nerve-wracking first impression but we were all exhausted from our trip that all we wanted was just to sleep.

All in all, the stay was okay. The staff were friendly.

Room Tip: We got a room right across the Cafeteria and had no idea that that was hotspot for weekend gigs. So...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business