“Very nice with breakfast included”

Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park
Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I've stayed here three times now on business and I've enjoyed it every time. But it seems I won't be visiting as much since they've figured out how popular they are and have raised rates during the week of my convention. I will miss the rooms that are all junior suites, the well appointed rooms and the free breakfast. I will be back when I can find a deal.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mrsnutpop

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Chose this hotel for its proximity to the Convention Center. Too bad pool was under construction that time. Free breakfast buffet was adequate. Not much choice. The room was a good size and the kitchenette was a big deal for me. BUT.... there was a spider by the window when we first came in! I was particularly worried for my child who almost came in contact with the bug. Sorry, for that little guy, my child's safety comes first. So I smashed it with my slippers, let front desk know of our first experience, and searched the internet right away if that was common. It was a nerve-wracking first impression but we were all exhausted from our trip that all we wanted was just to sleep.

All in all, the stay was okay. The staff were friendly.

Room Tip: We got a room right across the Cafeteria and had no idea that that was hotspot for weekend gigs. So...
1  Thank Mauka_Ohana
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Ok, I am a Platinum Premier with over 1300 nights, so you might think that my review is a bit biased toward Marriott. The truth though is that I have very seldom participated in these reviews. Based upon my experiences at this hotel, I really feel motivated to share that this is one of the highest quality hotels I have stayed at (Marriott or otherwise).
The Manager, Shelly, has been very helpful as has all the staff.

The breakfast is fantastic, and the staff in the hotel bar is friendly and helpful. I ordered room service one night and the delivery person pointed out that the gratuity had already been added, I tipped again any way for the friendly service. The hotel is clean, safe and welcoming. If you are staying in the Sacramento area, choose this hotel, you won't be sorry.

1  Thank ArlynFulton
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We know how special a review like this is from our Platinum members; especially considering how often you travel. Thank you again and I will be certain to share this with the staff. We look forward to seeing you when you return.

Sincerely, Shelly Moranville General Manager

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed there for 3 days on business and it had convenient access to all the state agencies that I had business with. The front desk staff were personable and friendly along with the service staff in the hotel. On the second day I attended a private reception that was next to their Fireside Lounge. The bartender was fast quick and remembered your name. By the way, their happy hour specials included a pulled pork slider sandwich, fries and a Sierra Nevada beer for only $5.00. The room was very clean, comfortable beds and roomy. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I made reservations at this hotel well in advance for the government rate, but my colleague could not get the government rate. She made reservations at the Courtyard on Y Street, which meant she had to drop me off then pick me up in the morning before our meeting. We asked if we could park the car there in the morning while we went to our meeting even though we would have checked out, and the girl at the desk said we could. She overhead us talking about our hotel situation and asked why my colleague wasn't staying there. In the end, she was able to find my colleague a government rate room at that hotel and was kind enough to call the Courtyard and cancel her reservation. Because she was staying at another Marriott property there was no charge to cancel the room reservation. Lyla was extremely helpful and willing to help, which is not the way most clerks today are. She was kind and accommodating and really made our lives easier. I like the décor there and the staff are all nice and polite.

2  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Perfect location next to the park, the Capitol and walking distance to all restaurants. Staff is especially friendly. I travel at least once a month to the Sacramento area for business. Often I have been early and they go out of there away to accommodate. The hotel Has got everything you need as it is a Residence inn. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Busstraveller_13
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you so very much for your review. We too love our location and we are delighted you stay with us each time you visit Sacramento. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Shelly Moranville, General Manager

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This place was excellent. The location was great. Close to lots of things in walking distance. Full kitchen was awesome. Breakfast was a little crowded in the morning, but that was to be expected. Everything about this place was great. From the big things down to the little things. I also love that the shampoo and conditioner were Paul Mitchell products. As a Paul Mitchell stylist, I liked seeing that in the bathroom. Overall, a terrific stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple