“Quiet with Everything you Need”

Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park
Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I chose this hotel, as it was right around the corner from a meeting I had. Check-in was friendly and quick. The boxes I had sent were waiting for me without me asking. The one-bedroom suite was spacious and had everything I needed for a one-night stay, My room was right near the elevator, but I never heard it. In fact, from the 11th floor overlooking the pool, the room was extremely quiet. My only complaint was the mattress. I slept well enough on it, but it felt a bit tired. I don't stay with Marriott often, so I am not sure of their standard, but hotels really are paying more attention to their bedding these days.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great location near Capital Park, and within walking distance to several great restaurants. I enjoyed being to sit on the wide window sills and watch the people go by. The facilities and the rooms were clean enough, although the shower and tub could use some re-caulking because of mold. Otherwise the room was very clean and possessed all the amenities typical to a Residence Inn. The staff was helpful and responsive Breakfast was average and had plenty of options. I expected there to be much more noise from traffic given the location of the property at a busy intersection downtown. However, there were no issues with noise whatsoever.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at the very end of the summer. Used the pool in the late afternoon, found that their pool is in the shade all day. Keep in mind if the day is cool. Stayed on an upper floor, facing the street, and it was noisy until very late. Sounds of cars and people having a good time! Rooms facing the courtyard would be much quieter. Room was very comfortable, and of course at a Residence Inn the kitchen is a great convenience. The streets were so crowded with people going to dinner that we ate in the hotel restaurant. Dont usually like to do this, but our meal was great. Servers prompt and friendly. This place must have a secret, have never heard of as many patrons eating grilled cheese sandwiches with wine and beer!!!

Room Tip: Inner rooms are more quiet. Rooms on the outside can have some street noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. I will definately share your comments with our team as they work very hard to ensure our guests receive that World Class Marriott service guests have come to expect. As for the restaurant; our guests and locals have come to love our grilled cheese, I think it's because...well I better not give away any secrets.

Thanks again for your review! Shelly Moranville, General Manager

Reviewed November 10, 2012

The hotel is ideallly located neat the State Capitol and the downtown restaurants. Nothing special to write home about except the location is good. There were a few louts who came back to their rooms at 3 am. The walls were very thin!!!!!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recently stayed here for business. I thoroughly enjoyed my week. The staff was extremely accomodating, the rooms were clean, spacious and homey. Walking distance to many places to eat and local attractions. I would highly reccomend staying here if you are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your week with us and look forward to seeing you again if you are back in Sacramento.

Shelly Moranville

Reviewed November 5, 2012

2nd year that my friends and I have stayed here while attending a convention. The staff are friendly and attentive. The room is clean and roomy for our size group. The location is just a block from the convention center and across from the State Capitol. Free wifi, winetasting (M-TH) and breakfast round out the stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Positive experience with this property in downtown Sacramento. Below are highlights:

--convenient location close to State Capitol, K street restaurants, convention center, etc.
--we got room on 10th floor, away from street, quiet
--room was attractive, well appointed, modern, stylish decor
--L-shaped "suite" with modest living/dining room, well equipped kitchenette
--free Wifi, strong signal
--we found street parking, free after 6 pm, all day Sunday
--flat panel TV that swiveled between living area and bed area, full cable with premium channels like HBO

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple