“Pleasantly Surprised and Would Come Back ”

TownePlace Suites Sacramento Cal Expo
Ranked #37 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed 3 nights because we were having work done on our house. The hotel is currently being remodeled, but that didn't affect our stay.

The room was nice, the train noise others mentioned was minimal (it didn't interrupt our sleep) and we enjoyed having an in-room refrigerator and place to cook. And the staff was super friendly. The wifi was super slow, so we stopped using it. Plus they had DirectTV.

Parking in front of the hotel is packed, but we were able to find other spots in the lot off to the side of the hotel.

Overall, we'd definitely come back!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fred M

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I had no trouble here, good location, didn't hear anyone around me, although I don't know if I had any neighbors. This hotel stands out because it's the first I've seen with DirectTV with a real remote and lots of channels. No need to constantly channel surf not knowing what channel is what. Breakfast was standard fare, very good. Gym is decent, with dumbbells up to 20lbs.
Service was very good. I'd go back next time I'm in Sacramento.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank mjd50
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We were exhibiting at Cal Expo and this hotel is the best that we have found in the area over the years. For the show price of $114 a night, it was decent, but I would not pay much more.
Check in was excellent and our preference for a quiet room had been understood. Our room was a great use of space - if someone is a person of size, they may want to request one of the handicapped rooms. I am a size ten and just fit in the bathroom. Every inch of space is used.
The room was very clean - one day no coffee was left and another day, the half full shampoo and conditioner were taken and not replaced. These are VERY minor issues to say the least.
The breakfast was a gluten carb fest each day with hard boiled eggs and scrambled eggs (during the week only). The coffee was good and the breakfast area was well maintained by very friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2013

It's a decent hotel. My room was clean and everything neat and tidy. It's a more economical but simpler version of a Residence Inn. Staff were friendly. Breakfast was acceptable - waffles, eggs, ... Hotel is built with thin walls and I could hear the guy next door snoring. Not much management can do about that but the owners could have spent a few more $ sound proofing the rooms when it was built.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Woke up with bedbug bites and found them on the bed-check your room before settling in! I will never stay at this hotel again when visiting Sacramento. They told me when I checked out they'd have the manager call me, still haven't heard from anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Moops1
Reviewed October 1, 2013

A short drive from downtown Sacramento, TownePlace Suites is a comfortable hotel with free parking and easy access to the freeway. Breakfast, while basic, was included in the price and there was also free WiFi internet.

Overnighting on our way back to San Francisco, my parents and I shared a two-bedroom suite for a very reasonable weekend price. Check-in was quick and the rooms large enough for the three of us to comfortably spend the night. While there isn't much around the hotel (save for two other Marriott hotels), it was only a 5 minute drive to Sacramento where there are plenty of places to go out or have dinner.

One great thing about the location is it's close proximity to the American River Parkway Trail which makes it easy to go for a run in the morning or an evening walk. Overall, if you're looking for a basic place to spend the night, the TownePlace Suites is a good option.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Nice comfortable rooms with separate sitting area. Great beds. Well equipped small kitchen area. Fairly quiet. Standard breakfast--waffles, cereal, etc. Good location Staff was friendly. Small restaurant in Courtyard across the parking lot.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple