“Memory Lane never tasted this good.”
Review of Simon's Bar & Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Simon's Bar & Cafe
Ranked #1,221 of 2,015 Restaurants in Sacramento
Description: Http://sacramento.citysearch.com/profile/1241837/ Sports Bar And Grill
Reno, Nevada
“Memory Lane never tasted this good.”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I had heard of Simon's by word of mouth. Living in Reno, Nv., I had an errand in Sacramento to attend to. While there, I decided to go sample the Brandy Fried Chicken I had heard about. When I walked in I was taken back in time. The bar was real wood, the decor simple. The owner himself greeted me like I was a long lost friend. The BFC was superb & generous portion. As for price? I would have paid double with no complaints. I will go there again & sample more from menu.

• Visited February 2014

Wimberley, Texas
“Nice but not fancy just great Chinese”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

If you can picture a neighborhood bar/cafe with a 70's Chinatown theme, great food, service and value you'll have nailed Simons.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank mtsteinert
Seattle
“Great Service & Brought Our Own Meat!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband's family are hunters, and we heard through the grapevine that upon request Simon Chan's Restaurant or Simon's Bar and Grill will prepare the meat you have personally caught if you bring it in to them like 3 days before your reservation. They come up with the recipe, prepare and then serve it. So that's what we did.

We had a family business meeting there and our guys had brought in elk and duck prior to our visit. Our group was about 18 people and no one ever had an empty plate or an empty drink! Our service was wonderful; friendly, prompt, attentive and the staff was able to put up with a group that can get a bit rowdy after a few drinks.

The food was incredible. I have never had Chinese infused flavors with Elk steaks before! Their execution was flawless. And the duck was so tender and not gamy at all. In conjunction with the meat we brought, we ordered some of their appetizers, and regular dishes which were amazing. Even though we brought most of the meat in ourselves, we still had to pay per head for that meat and then the regular menu prices for the other dishes, but for the amount of food given and the quality, we would definitely say it was an excellent value and an excellent experience!

• Visited September 2011
3 Thank BreRachelle
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I eat there every week.”
Reviewed November 20, 2008

I eat there every week.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
rocklin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cheap Food, Friendly staff, Great Bar”
Reviewed July 11, 2008

For the best chinese food in town, head over to simon's cafe for the best garlic chicken and chef's special fried rice. The food comes out in lightening speed and of course, very fresh. The waitresses are also very attentive, but the downside is that when they get busy, they get slammed. So a smile might not be in store for you to enjoy. Been going to Simon's for over 5 years, and reading the other reviews seems a little skewed. If you know those gals like my husband and I, then you will know that if you give them attitudand rudeness first, then you get it back. It is not a fine dining restaraunt but a cool place to get good food and cheap drinks. Well drinks are only $3.25. I highly recommend it and ask Betty what to order, she'll help you out.

1 Thank porky127