“Tasty treats, great prices” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 52 Shopping in Sacramento
North, South Carolina
200 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 201 helpful votes
“Tasty treats, great prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

A must-visit whenever we're in Sacramento. You can sample everything and buy at prices better than back home. Plus they have new varieties and quantities you can't get elsewhere. Give packages and specials are available, too, along with logo merchandize. Informative displays and video tell you about the products.

Visited February 2012

tallahassee,fl
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 335 helpful votes
“no more tours but major bargains”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

They stopped giving tours over 10 years ago but every day people still ask. Thanks AAA for keeping your guide books updated. However, the store was a major treat. Lots of great bargains on fresh almonds and many different flavored coatings. Not worth a special trip but we were going to Old Sacramento anyway. Enjoyed the shopping at the Blue Diamond Factory more and also the dated but informative video, We will definitely be back

5 Thank szamp
Sacramento, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Almond lover's delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2010

I went to the store the first time to for the sole purpose of buying almond baking paste for a Dutch pastry that I make each Christmas. It is the only place in California I've ever found it and it is reasonably priced. I found so much more at the store including gift sets, school snacks and some dark chocolate almonds for myself. I admit a tour of the factory might be neat, but the video was interesting and we enjoyed it nonetheless. My kids enjoy looking at the old machines in the lobby. Parking is convenient and the staff is always very friendly. Now I go several times a year just to stock up on a variety of treats.

2 Thank MichiganDutchy
USA
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 240 helpful votes
“Not much of a tour.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2009

AAA book stated that there was a plant tour that you you could take. The store employee stated tours came to an end that they were not insured if people got hurt. He told us he had a 15 minute video we could watch and I inquired about samples and he obliged.

Video was okay. I learned that almond trees are shaken to dislodge the nuts then scooped up. Samples aplenty.

Go only if you want to kill a half hour.

1 Thank cdrake3460