“OK, but remote”

Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo
Ranked #9 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Property is well maintained, clean, efficient, and standard Courtyard. Note that AAA discount rates do not include breakfast. Nothing is within walking distance around the location, a business park adjacent to the freeway, so a car is essential to the relatively short trips downtown for dining or shopping.

Room Tip: Weigh cost of breakfast again room discount.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Pendolino

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed at Courtyard Cal Expo during a family visit recently. Good location close to downtown - can take 160 Fwy which takes you directly to the heart of downtown. Large rooms. Breakfast not that great. Probably will not stay there again. Not much else to say - typical Courtyard.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed in a standard King bed room. We paid $114 for a single night weekend stay. The customer service was excellent, the room clean. The "complimentary breakfast" was above average. It felt very much like staying in any standard hotel and nothing about it struck me as particularly wonderful. However, it was clean, great service, everything worked normally- no surprises. I was a little surprised about the rave reviews here, I expected more, but only because of the reviews. I got a better than average stay and slept well!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

we were looking for a short getaway this past weekend for our first wedding anniversary.. and landed a room a reasonable price...when we got there we were greeted by Moe and Jo Ann they were both quite nice and personable. We let them know we smoke so we would like to be near an exit as this is a non smoking facility, and we know how to follow the rules...we were given a nice room on the first floor out of the way of a lot of noise and traffic, it was right near a rarely used exit PERFECT! I was grateful they had coffee in the lobby.. but even more grateful that it was fresh and hot. We are unfamiliar with the area so we asked questions about ordering in and if they had any discounts for the state fair that was running over the weekend. Moe and Jo Ann couldnt have been more helpful, giving us lists of what restaurants were in the area, and their opinions on them and yayyyy they did have discount tickets available for state fair..They took a lot of time to make sure we were comfortable, and responded to every request, including towels for the hot tub late saturday night. The free breakfast buffet was more than just danish and coffee.. they had hot cereal..home made cinnamon rolls waffles with warm syrup eggs bacon and sausage and fresh fruit, and as it turned out we were so full we didnt even have a corn dog at the fair..Our room was clean,the bed was comfortable and it had a full size tub (a wonderful bonus) that even held water, a big deal since the last time we were away..the tub was small and it wouldnt hold water..all in all it was a lovely trip in a very nice room with a lot of channels on the tv.. a hot tub which was great, but really best and most of all the staff.. who were so accommodating that I felt like family... we will definitely be back

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our family stayed here two nights while attending our convention downtown. What a relief it was to arrive at the desk with everything taken care of just as I'd requested. Thank you, Reney! On the way to our room on the third floor, I noticed that it was the first room just around the corner from the elevator. I expected to hear it, but the only time we did was while getting ready for bed in the bathroom, and then only a soft humming sound that only lasted for a few seconds. We never heard it in the bedroom. The room faced the freeway, so I expected to hear it as well, but I had no problem what so ever. Actually, it was probably 2-3 blocks away. Everything was clean and fresh, with a little refrigerator and very comfortable beds. We had food delivered so were very happy to have a rolling table to eat at while sitting on our queen size beds. There was plenty of drawer and closet space for the four of us. The pool was immaculate with towels available nearby. The complimentary breakfast for two was very tasty with PLENTY of choices. Additional breakfasts were only $2.00, I believe. Deanna, our waitress, was very helpful at suppling us with our every need. Check-out was a breeze with our receipt delivered to our room (under the door) early on Sunday morning. Every staff member we dealt with was friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again the next time we have a convention in Sacramento.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LuvToLearn
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I booked this hotel last minute for a quick business meeting. Right when I checked-in, the front desk staff, Moe and Ericka, were attentive to my questions and accommodated all my needs. They were a lot of fun to speak with, yet extremely professional. The room was spacious and the facility had a swimming pool, hot-tub and gym. This hotel was very affordable and definitely worth its value.

Room Tip: I had a corner room which had a huge bathroom and was extremely quiet. Happy hour at the bar and si...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joshua N
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for three nights for a short getaway. We arrived late in the evening and our check in was smooth. Each day we used the shuttle service to get to the outing we were in town for, and the drivers were fun, experienced, and went out of their way to get us what we were looking for. The bar staff at the end of each evening were a great way to end each night. I would definitely stay at this location again. I am not familiar with the Sacramento area, so I can not comment on the location of this hotel in conjunction with other activities, but it was right where we needed to be for what we came into town for.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends