Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$159
  • Room Service
$198
$186
$89
All reviewscal expocourtyard marriottfront desktrain noisegreat customer servicearden malllobby areadefinitely stay here againclean roomsbusiness tripfree breakfastcorybistroaveryearplugsfreewayfairfield
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We frequently use this location for our employees who travel in and out of the area and also use their meeting facilities. We held our annual Manager's Meeting this month at this location and everyone was very friendly, courteous, professional and ABOVE ALL HONEST!!!!

One of our managers realized after she checked out and at the end of a very long meeting day that she had left her wedding rings in her room. Everyone from the housekeeper to the person behind the reservation desk were helpful and truly concerned......end result, they found her rings and they were just as happy as she was to find them. This location's employees represent Honesty is the best policy and is just one more reason among many, why we stay at Courtyard by Marriott Cal Expo.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Connie C
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I visit the Sacramento area often and have found this hotel a great place to stay. The rooms are comfortable and business friendly. The staff are aways friendly (their front desk clerk Moe is a joy to walk in and see. He remembers me and greets me by name. It makes the visit like walking in to your home living room and being greeted by family.) Any of the staff I've interacted with have been super friendly and accommodating. It is clear from interacting with staff that this friendly can-do attitude is modeled by management as they work with staff. The facility is well maintained and very clean. Flat screen tvs, heating and A/C that always works well, etc. The one time I did find a minor issue, the hotel maintenance person was there within 5 minutes, made the fix, and was gone. I will continue to choose and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Marla B
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This Courtyard is very clean and has a very high end feel to it. I considered the rate very reasonable. Service staff very friendly. There is no free breakfast. But, after staying at 'free breakfast' places with very tight, cramped eating areas and constantly saying 'excuse me, I'm sorry' to everyone, it was almost a relief to eat in an open and spacious eating area.

I did not face the railroad the other reviewers mentioned, but I chose this location because was in a quiet location away the city.

I really liked this place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed one night in February while attending an event at the nearby Doubletree. Initially was afraid of noise that has been reported by other reviewers, but from our room only distant sounds of trains and traffic, so no issues (whew!). Room was clean, new, standard courtyard decor. Internet worked great. Having a frig was nice.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We arrived for a one night stay as a break for our road trip to Tahoe. The service was outstanding. The elevator was sketchy, though. When we arrived at our room we entered to the smell of cleaner. That didn't bother me. The room was nice and larger than expected. It was in good condition. As we were trying to sleep, we were awakened by the whistle of trains passing by and something clicking (I think the AC), which was quite annoying. The beds were on the hard side too, so we got less sleep than wanted. But the rest was fine, like the service, restaurant, and security. I probably would come back again, but only for a short time and if it was absolutely necessary.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family