Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$159
$186
  • Pool
$76
CrownePlaza.com
All reviewscal expocourtyard marriottfront desktrain noisegreat customer servicearden malllobby areadefinitely stay here againclean roomsbusiness tripfree breakfastcorybistroaveryearplugsfreewayfairfield
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 18, 2012

As a frequent traveller (Platinum Marriott, past Diamond Hilton) I spend 3 - 4 nights a week, every week on the road. I appreciate any place that makes me feel at home - and the CalExpo Courtyard is a great example of this.

By my second stay the staff knew me by name, my room preferences, and even that I like a microwave in my room. Every day I'm cheerfully greeted by name - Moe and Erika (on the front desk) are a perfect example of where Marriott has gotten customer service right.

The property is relatively new, exercise facility adequate (I sometimes have a wait for the elliptical trainer at 5 AM in the morning), and the buffet breakfast offers just the right amount of options.

The only drawback I've noted is that the wireless is slow and sporadic, and often the adjacent Marriott property's wireless (with the same wireless ID) interferes with reception.

Room Tip: There's a railroad two blocks away, and a highway right next door so external noise can be an issue - try for an inside courtyard room on the second floor - the building will shield you from both.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I travel frequently for business and have stayed in MANY hotels over the years (other Marriotts included) and this one is BY FAR my favorite!! It is always clean and pleasant with nice amenities and COMFORTABLE BEDS (one of the most important things right)! But what's even better...the front desk staff (Moe and Erica) are AMAZING!! Those two know a thing or two about customer service and always go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and special!! It is so rare to find people at the front desk of hotels that are as kind, upbeat, considerate, hard working and fun as Moe and Erica! I look forward to seeing them on my visits.

In addition, I can always find parking and the location is ideal...very centrally located with a nice variety of restaurants and shopping near by. I highly recommend this Marriott!

Room Tip: I have stayed on every floor and never have a problem with noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Hotel was good, the people who work there were OUTSTANDING! (especially Moe, front desk and Corey, bar tender). The room was clean and comfty, but had a few minor issues (really squeaky bathroom door and poor TV reception). The restaurant was not good. Fish tacos had hugh bones (which they did replace with a different order), the 2 sandwiches were not as ordered and blah, and the small pizza was just ok. The hotel was clean and again, the employees were wonderful, helpful and did all they could for us! We would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2012

A nice hotel with an appropriate family room. There is a kettle and a refrigerator, and a rolling table for a family meal. The bathroom is very spacy. The room could've become perfect if the hotel would add:
* a microwave
* an extra chair
* night stands on the outer sides of both beds
* a mobile shower head to bathe kids
Also, the breakfast could've more vegetables.
But the price seems to me about 15-20$/night above what it should've been.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I travel regularly to Sacramento and usually stay here. I mistakenly booked my arrival on the internet for the week before what I intended and was dismayed at check in when I was informed that I was charged for that stay and handed a receipt. As always the front desk was courteous and informed me that I should talk to the manager in the AM. The next morning I explained to the Operations Manager Joanne Stienkemeyer that I must have been in a rush and clicked on the same day as I booked, that I am a Gold member, regularly stay at the property, and then I asked for leniency. She was very gracious, thanked me for my honesty (that it was my error) and also my loyalty, and then indicated that she would credit my card for stay. As always, I appreciate the value that Marriott delivers. Prices may be lower for stays at some other hotel chains, but I have consistently gotten the kind of "good feeling" in all my experiences, will continue to choose Marriott as my lodging of choice, and refer them whenever possible.

Room Tip: The elevators are slow, and also noisy if you get a room right next to them. I advise getting a room on the second floor away from the elevators (use the stairs).
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business