“business trip”

Courtyard Sacramento Cal Expo
Ranked #9 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed September 19, 2012

professional attentive staff, both helpful and knowledgable of area.
stayed there on business and they got it - quick check in, clean and quiet room.
location was adequate for business purposes and great value for the cost.
had dinner at the bar and staff was first rate.

Room Tip: upper floor of main building east end
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pio G

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Taking not one daughter for her final year but now the baby girl (17) away to unniversity. Long trip to San Diego so we stopped in Sacramento. Shop and then rest up for the completion of our journey.
Mo the charismatic and humorous front desk staff was there to welcome us. He was very entertaining and helpful. Our room was perfectly comfortable. The bathroom was nice and large. The room location was very quite. However if you do not like the sounds of a distant train passage then you may want to inquire as to being away from that possibility.
The following morning we had a very quick breakfast in order to get on the road. There we met Saba, our waitress. She was delightful and very efficient! Food was good.
Very nice stay with the exception of me, the tearful and melancholy Mom!

Room Tip: Inquire as to noise from the trains passing
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Deborah T
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had not stayed at a Courtyard for many years, and had medium expectations. My husband and I were in Sacramento for a family trip, then off to Lake Tahoe for a few days, and then back to Sacramento, so we had two separate stays at the same Courtyard. The hotel was modern and clean. The staff, especially Moe at the front desk ,was always friendly and accomodating. The little touches were great - the "market" had sandwiches, snacks and drinks 24/7, which was handy. We ordered room service one night, and it was delicious, same menu as the restaurant. Every afternoon they had fresh baked cookies. The pool was clean and refreshing. The workout room was small but adequate. We had a quiet room in the back on the third floor that was spacious with a couch and good hanging storage space. We were near the freeway and train tracks but the noise never bothered us, as we were out most of the day, and it was quiet at night.

For us location was perfect - close to everything but not as congested as it would be near old town or nearer downtown.

I would definitely stay here again on the next trip to Sacramento!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TexanKaren
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed at many Courtyards all over the place and have never found a disagreeable employee but at this particular Courtyard, everyone was very friendly and as someone else stated, they seem to enjoy working there. Otherwise, besides for the staff, everything else was kind of average. Location is okay...kind of far from downtown, but there is excellent access to the highway. Rooms were quiet, clean and the bed was comfy. I was disappointed that the restaurant downstairs was not your typical Courtyard restaurant menu. It was good, but I was looking forward to my favorite that I usually eat at other Courtyards. Also, I missed my morning cappucino.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

9/3/12

To whom it may concern:
I want to commend the hotel for having a front desk named :Moe Mohammad, for being such an outstanding, customer friendly employee.
I went to a training class for a week (from 8/ 27/12 to 8/31/12.).  I checked inadvertently to a wrong hotel. Did not realized the mistake until the following day when the class was to start. Time was of the essence. I only have 15 minutes to drive to Marriott Courtyard   at 1782 Tribute Road, Sacramento, ca. Of course, I was new in the area, not sure how to use the GPS system and absolutely lost and in panic.
When I called Marriott hotel, I spoke to the  front desk. His name was" Moe". He right away assisted me, gave directions as I drove to the hotel. When I arrived, he helped me settled down, went out of his way and got me a comfortable room. He also made a call to the other hotel to arrange for a late check out since my only break time is at 12 noon (lunch time). Lunch time came, I did what I needed to do to get my stuff out from the other hotel.
Driving back to Marriott hotel was a challenge. I took a wrong exit, ended in Downtown, completely lost my directions. I was frantic driving around, knowing that I am  already 30 minutes late for the class. Again, I called the hotel and spoke with "Moe" who was on the phone with me all along, directing me to get back to the hotel. Finally , I made it back safe and sound.
It was such an experience and for someone who travels, things that Moe, did we're very special, important and should be recognized.
Thank you for having a "customer friendly" employee.

Susan Flores

E mail: s.j.flores 2011 @ hotmail.com

Sent from my iPad

When I called Marriott hotel, I spoke to the  front desk. His name was" Moe". He right away assisted me, gave directions as I drove to the hotel. When I arrived , he helped me settled down, went out of his way, got me a comfortable room. He also made a call to the to the other hotel to arrange for a late check out since my only break time is at 12 noon (lunch time). Lunch time came, did what I needed to do to get my stuff out from the other hotel. Now,

Room Tip: Always check for customer reviews when choosing a hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Susan F
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The customer service at this Marriott property is spectular. I'm not sure what they do differently here, but every employee is cordial, friendly and always says hello, not only to the customers, but to each other as well.

Their attitude obviously is not forced nor mandated. It just appears that everyone enjoys working here.

For the past 5 years, I have stayed in a Marriott, Hilton or Hyatt four nights a week. This hotel is consistently superior with regard to friendliness and customer service. It's certainly not overbearing and it's always a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I travel to Sacramento for work a lot! I have stayed at many hotels, but find the Courtyard at Cal Expo to be my absolute favorite places to stay. (My second favorite is the Fairfield next door.) Both places are owned by the same people and share the staff. Every time I enter these two hotels I feel like I am at my home away from home. The staff are wonderful and always make me feel welcome. The rooms are always nice and clean and I never feel like I have to worry about a thing. I love that they have a refrigerator in them and is it just me or are all Marriott bed the most comfortable beds!!

I like to work out every day and the gym at the Courtyard has great equipment to help me keep up my fitness. A lot of times I like to walk or run outside and feel that the area this hotel is in is a very safe place; as a female by myself, this is really important to me and my husband at home.

The Courtyard has a full bar and dining room. The food is always excellent which is plus for those days when I don't feel like going out to dinner. They also always have complimentary fresh baked cookies in the lobby every night for my cheat treat!

The only complaint at this point is that the snacks in the market are a little steep, but what hotels aren't?

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business