“Really Good”

Hock Farm Craft & Provisions
Reserve with OpenTable
Hock Farm Craft & Provisions is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 2,049 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th St.
Description: A celebration of the Sacramento region’s rich history and bountiful terrain, the restaurant is named after John Sutter’s Hock Farm. The menu is inspired by the region's amazing bounty of produce, meats and hand-crafted goods. Many of the menu items are determined by what the chefs find at local farmer's markets and farms. The bar program features ingredient-driven classic cocktails, often re-imagined with local produce and locally-produced goods.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This restaurant has a nice vibe with its open kitchen, clean decor and congenial staff. Five of us munched through a variety of dishes and enjoyed them all. One of our starters was their Caramel Corn Popcorn with Bacon and Cashews. Strange offering for an appetizer but we went for it and really enjoyed it. The Burrata Salad was a big hit as well as the pork sliders and (my favorite) the tacos. I would return for the tacos alone! This restaurant deserves a 4.5.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Nice menu items, fresh food, good service, trendy atmosphere. All in all, a good place to eat. Interesting that this place use to be a more upscale, sit down eatery frequented by the Capitol politicians and business crowd. Went for lunch and despite the change in the look and feel of the place, the crowd remains the same. Looking foward to my next visit there!

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled onto Hock Farms Restaurant near the Hyatt. Atmosphere very unique and comfortable - service outstanding and food was excellent! Unique choices - all good - difficult to settle on one dish!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Had an early dinner at Hock Farm on Saturday night before a concert. We used to live in Sac and had come to go a concert and were staying downtown, after driving by Hock Farm on the way to our hotel and asking the folks at hotel about Hock Farm when we checked in, we heard great things and cancelled our original reservation at an old standby. We used to eat at Paraguarys 20 years ago when we lived in Sac, so we were excited to try their new restaurant. The farm to table concept is something we love Marin, where we now live. To be honest, we were a bit disappointed...but here is the good and the not so good: Great server, I think her name was Xang, attentive bus help...although they need to train them not to remove one diner's plate while other diners are still eating; superb cocktails, different and innovative...I had the peppery Bloody Mary, and they make their own tonic for Gin and tonic; generous portion of shishito peppers...cooked to perfection; the greens in my beet salad did not seem as perky as one would expect in a farm to table concept-it could have been the heat; as another reviewer mentioned...the temp was a problem..it is waaaaaay too hot...they need to resolve that issue. My spaghetti carbonara was great.....very creamy and flavorful......my husbands frito misto was good, but nothing special. The service is great, the cocktails are great, the food was good and may be on its way to great....but they have to cool down the space.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Last weekend, I enjoyed my long-awaited first visit to Hock Farm. I have been following you guys on facebook and stalking your menu online for months, so it was a delight to finally experience it!

At Hock, they have WINE ON TAP! Quite a fun concept! So I got the chardonnay, which was yummy.

My salad was the basic greens salad with shaved radishes. It was very lightly dressed, which I appreciated. My dad got the caesar salad. He was very nervous about the amount of anchovy (he's not a fan), but said that it was great.

For dinner I got Spaghetti Carbonara. Hard to turn down a good carbonara! It was excellent! Loved the crispy, flavorful pancetta. My dad got the steak, which I had a bite of, and it was also excellent.

We finished with the peach berry cobbler. I must say that it was quite delicious, even if the biscuit topping was about twice as thick as it really should have been.

Overall, we were very happy with the food! Our server, Xang (with an X!) was wonderful! She was knowledgeable, prompt, and personable.

My one complaint, and the reason why I can only give Hock Farm 4 stars, was the TEMPERATURE of the restaurant. Sadly, this completely non-culinary element was so distracting to us for the entire meal. If anything, I am the kind of person that is always cold, no matter where I go. Not at Hock. I was sweating and my legs were sticking to the booth. When I went to the restroom later on, and washed my hands, even the water was hot! It was just oppressive.

About halfway through the meal, we asked Xang if they could pump the AC down, and she said, sadly, no, and that they had no control over the temp. So we suffered through that. It was quite uncomfortable.

When we exited the restaurant, there was a noticeable drop in temperature outside vs. inside. So, I thought I'd see what my weather app was saying the current temp was where we were at. It said 84!!! So, if that is somewhat close to the actual outside temp (and it felt like it was), then it must have been close to 90 inside the restaurant! Totally unreasonable!

We will definitely be back, in spite of the temp issue. I'm hoping that Hock Farm addresses it, however, because I would venture to say that there are others out there who would not.