“Food lacks flavor”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

This was one of the worst lunches I’ve ever had. Sure, the place is a convenient location, nice casual atmosphere, and clean. But the food I ordered was awful. The vegetable sandwich was on good bread, but it was only lettuce, carrots, a very small amount of avocado —and this is the disgusting part — mayonnaise. The red pepper soup was very thin — like water — and very bland. It was as if they threw a few peppers into a huge pot of water.

The woman who took my order was not friendly at all, and acted as if it were below her station to answer my questions.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 20, 2018

This was a good (and popular) lunch spot in downtown Sacramento. The outdoor seating provided a fantastic option for lunch. I ordered a salad and tomato soup; I ordered at the counter, and then the food was delivered to my table. The salad was good; I thought the tomato soup, with a chunk of bread, was very good. Overall, a decent lunch stop.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed August 22, 2018

Friends and I went here for lunch after leaving the Capitol and gardens.
A great restaurant with great and friendly staff.
I could eat here everyday.
I loved the tri-tip, so I would recommend it of course.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

I have eaten here twice when touring the State Capitol. Both times have been satisfying.
Most recently, I ate here with a family member who is allergic to gluten, soy, dairy and eggs. There were plenty of items available for her to eat and the employee was most helpful in assuring her of ingredients in several dishes.
I’ve also had breakfast here and it also did not disappoint.
Especially nice to sit outside on a nice day.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed December 27, 2017

Friendly service, fresh ground coffee, and great desserts and pastries can be found here. Just a block from the State Capitol, Ambrosia is a wonderful meeting spot before visiting one of the theaters or touring the Capitol. Don't forget to try a salad or one of their sandwiches.

Date of visit: December 2017