“" Professional staff in the middle of desert oasis"”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas
Ranked #19 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed 3 nights on a weekday with first night went wrong to include the smell of painnt thinner on the seconnd floor room 208 which gives me a headache all day with the hallways smell of strong paint! It did not help when the trash truck backs up beeping what seems to be never ending in AM possibly about 4 am when i needed to be at work in a couple hours in AM. Although my TV did need to reboot (would not turn on ) with Hector to assist in PM. At first , to check into the hotel i was informed that i will be charged $20 bucks for what?
Scott was very helpful since i informed him i will not be needing incidental charges charged to my card, THANK YOU!!
The bill was directly billed to my employer and make sure it is done so because my coworker got charged for the $20 for each night which is ILLEGAL since she did NOT authorized this charges!!!!
There is NO water inside the room, no minibar, el cheapo coffee maker that melted when the coffee pod slides into the maker with no caraffe? Hoping it is PABBA free?
There is a water fountain across the workout room,fyi
Room is very stuffy and thus, unable to air out the paint smell!
luckily, Val Petkov staff at front desk was able to get me a cancellation room on the first floor which was helpful in getting rid of my headache for the 2nd night .... and very much appreciated and i was aware of the hotel being fully booked for the past 2 nights in a row.
Room was basically clean; however, the handicap room was a tad greasy or, yukky stuff next to the bed counter, bathroom was recleaned with lysol product i had brought, just a tad apprehensive
about germs at this point, lol
FOOD: breakfast the next day was not very ample until the 2nd and 3rd day when the yogurt and fruit supply was replenish with eggs, scrambled, waffle maker whcih i did not get to eat due to time constraints and thus, took a boiled egg and some fruits and greek yogurt was awesome! apples and banana annd muffins was available also.
Accross the street is Black Bear restaurant with excellent service and freshly made pies and fresh orange juice and will cut up some fresh fruits on request which tasted like onions, lol
Other than this popular with the locals, this restaurant owned by Marriott is a great option when on foot other than the Burger King, fast food place when desparate.
Tuk Tuk nearby is excellent and other restaurants such as Jacks will be reviewed separately,
cheers!

Room Tip: room facing the parking lot is quieter since truckers are facing the opposite or back of the hotel...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jbtujuh

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here the night before a very early morning flight, hoping to at least catch a few hour's sleep. The room itself was very comfortable and looked as if it had been recently renovated. Unfortunately the walls are very thin and I could hear neighbor's conversations and televisions, not to mention the people above that sounded like they had 100 elephants in their room. Would love to give a better review since the room was nice, clean and the front desk staff very friendly and helpful. It's probably a great place to crash the night before a flight if noises don't bother you. The airport shuttle starts at 4am and there were even some breakfast items out as early as 3:30 am. They are very accommodating; but need more soundproofing.

Room Tip: Stay on top floor if noise above you keeps you awake.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank BHarris63
sajman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for the great feedback regarding the staff and the rooms. I also appreciate the feedback for improvement you provided regarding the noise issues you had with neighbors beside you and above you. We normally do not receive such reports. Most of our guests seem to respect their neighbors quite nicely. I am very sorry that your stay was interrupted with this noise. Thank you once again for your visit. Hope to see you again soon. All our rooms have been completely renovated during the last month. The upcoming month will also see our lobby and breakfast room renovation. We are excited to share our new hotel with everyone!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I needed a last min. place to stay as we were seeing Fleetwood Mac at the sleep train arena. Made reso. $113.00. We were traveling from San Jose. We got there early on a Sat. Very nice at the front desk. Found us a King suite ready and not by the elevator. Great room, Air worked, very hot outside, very comfy inside. Nice bed etc. Good coffee and breakfast. we will go there again for sure. Its right off the freeway, easy access to anywhere. Thank you to the staff, see ya soon. Dan the painter.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Dan M

Great to hear you had a great time at that classic concert!! Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We love to have guests stay with us when they are attending events at Sleep Train Arena. We are just a short 3 miles to the arena! Thank you very much for your feedback!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Clean and comfortable even though signage states some rooms are being renovated. Staff was excellent. I arrived at 9:30 after a hideous flight, and they quickly directed me to my room, then to a great diner across the way that was able to give me a meal to go (they were within a few minutes of closing). The wifi worked without a hiccup, the bed was comfortable and all the amenities were clearly written up on their instruction sheet. I woke up early, still on eastern time, and walked around the building. Wish I could sty long enough to take advantage of the whirlpool. Grounds nicely planted. Again, the staff were wonderful. Maybe I was tired and slept more soundly than usual, but there wasn't a single sound that disturbed my sleep. It was as though I was the only occupant on the 2nd floor.

Room Tip: Just ask the staff for their advice! All I said was "need sleep"
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Triphora

We are very happy that your were able to get the rest you needed. Thank you for taking time to provide us your feedback. We just completed renovating all of our 93 rooms! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is a great hotel! We ended up booking here because it happened to be close to where we were (and because they had a pool). I couldn't be happier with our choice! I am a bit picky when it comes to hotels (who isn't?) and I must say, I was impressed right from the start. The lady at the front desk was very kind, and all the staff make a point to say "hello" whenever they cross your path. The breakfast was EXCELLENT! So many choices--including hot sausage and eggs! I haven't been to a hotel this pleasant in a LONG time. Thank you so much, Fairfield Inn & Suites Marriott, you are doing an outstanding job here!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank TotesMaGoats
sajman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

I shared your wonderful comments about the staff with them today. Everyone was so happy that you loved their service. Please come back soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

There are no hotels close to the Sacramento airport but this is worth the 15-20 minute drive. Easy check in, super friendly staff and very comfortable room. Although not the fanciest hotel we've ever stayed it I think it's in the top ten of most comfortable.

Very nice breakfast the next morning - one of the only hotels we've ever stayed at that we didn't have one problem with. Highly recommended and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Malcolmsmom

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your feedback. We, too, love our new Hot Breakfast! Eggs, sausage plus all the great variety we already had. Hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located near the airport and I-80. The room was very clean and comfortable, but without any frills. The bathroom was also clean and modern. Breakfast was better than average and available as early as 3:30 AM. There is a passable diner across the street that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, but if you are traveling by car, I would recommend going elsewhere. Front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. Overall, a good selection. I would gladly return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank wodart

We will be glad when you return. We will be 60% complete with renovating our rooms in a few days. We know you will love the hotel even more than before!