“A Good Mistake”

Ranked #21 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
CA
“A Good Mistake”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I booked this hotel thinking it was with other hotels/shops off I-5 and Highway 99. Instead the shuttle service (prompt by the way) took me here. It was a good booking mistake.

The hotel front desk person (Patrick I believe) was very courteous, friendly, and helpful.

Hotel lobby and rooms are basic, but clean and comfortable.

Free breakfast was plentiful and really a full breakfast, not a continental one that one might expect. There were several juice choices, make-your-own waffles, breakfast sandwiches to heat in the microwave, eggs, sausage, and multiple bread choices.

Overall, a very good value. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I would recomment a room NOT on the pool side unless you like your Sunday sleep interrupted EARLY by...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
sajman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hello, We are certainly happy you made a mistake and stayed with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas. We are very happy that we are now offering our New HOT Breakfast each morning....and it is still complimentary! We hope you return soon. We will be doing a lobby and rooms renovation, although many love the hotel the way it is, beginning in mid-May!

Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Stockton, California
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I needed a quick place to stay for a early morning flight and this hotel was perfect for a overnight stay. Had to be at airport by 5:00 am so this location was good. Upon checking in had a warm friendly greeting and was given the room. I noticed when I looked out the window that the room faced the freeway. I am a light sleeper and knowing I had to get up early I was concerned. I had to get a few more items out of the car and passed the front desk. I was asked how my room was and I shared my concerns and went out to the car. When I returned I was offered another room and was told just to bring the old room keys down when I got a chance. I believe her namce was Lucia. Very helpful! I would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
sajman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We thank you very much for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas for your stay before flying out of the Sacramento International Airport. We are the closest Marriott family hotel to the airport. We hope you were able to take advantage of our "early bird" breakfast prior to departing. Look forward to your next visit.
Saint Peters, Missouri
Reviewed March 14, 2013

A great nights sleep in clean comfortable room..and awesome location for anyone traveling through Sacramento..especially if you have to get to airport. The price was reasonable and the staff friendly and so helpful. Unlike some other Sacramento hotels that we have nearly booked...there were NOT any creepy people hanging around on the grounds! Yes we put this one in our book of places to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
sajman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your visit. I am so happy that each and every associate here at the hotel is so committed to providing the best guest service they can. Things are going to be getting even better! We will officially be starting our hotel refresh (remodel) this May. We will be one of the first Fairfield Inn's on the west coast to have the brand new Fairfield Inn decor package. You will really love it! We look forward to your future stays with us.
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a great place to stay. Exceptionally clean, staff very nice and helpful. Good location, although if you don't have a car, limited eating choices. Bathrooms have a door that opens out which is kinda strange, but it makes the bathroom pretty big, jury is still out whether I like that. A heat lamp or heater would have been nice to have in the bathroom. Be careful where your room is located, I saw some bright flood lights shining on the building at windows, not positive if they were guest rooms or meeting, but I would think it would be too bright inside. This is the place for us next time we are in the area, highly recommend it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
sajman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We are very glad that you found our hotel! Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. To clarify...the lights that illuminate the building do go out at 10 pm! California building code requires hotels to have bathroom doors that open out, instead of into the bathroom as you see in most states! We love the Black Bear Diner just 25 feet from the hotel, however, we can also shuttle you to the Garden Highway River restaurants, or even to Old Town Sacramento upon request!

Thanks again for staying with us. We all look forward to your next visit!
Southeast US
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The hotel' s location couldn't be better for traveling through Sacramento, convenient to I-5, but unfortunately that means it's loud. We asked for a quiet room but it wasn't, too much interstate noise at all hours from I-80 (and 4 AM garbage truck pickup). The fact that a Big Bear Diner is a short walk across the street and a gas station is on the corner is also a plus for car travelers. But the heater- A/C unit was also noisy. The cost of the room would still be a decent value if it could be had for under $100, but we paid about 25% more including all taxes and fees.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cinesage
sajman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. Although the hotel is very near the freeway, it was built so that none of the rooms directly face the freeway! This does help in reducing freeway noise. We do also love that we have a great neighbor in the Black Bear Diner! Thank you, once again!
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I needed to stay at a hotel overnight to catch an early flight from the airport. I found this hotel on a search and when it was confirmed that they had airport shuttle starting at 4 AM I decided to book the room. I stayed for only 12 hours. I found the staff to be friendly. The room was fine. Nice set up to print boarding passes. Airport shuttle was prompt and on the road exactly at 4 AM even though I was the only passenger. The "early bird" breakfast was also available.
The Black Bear Diner and Burger King were a minute from the hotel.
Based on what I wanted from a hotel, the Fairfield Inn delivered everything. I know where I will be staying in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank CaptainUsher
Thank you very much for staying with us. We are glad that you love the hotel. We look forward to your next visit!
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

When reported to the hotel staff, they were unsympathetic and just quickly passed us a phone number. It was as if this was a frequent happening and they didn't want anyone else in the hotel to know about it. They were non-helpful the entire two hours we waited in the Lobby for the police to arrive.
We have stayed in Marriott hotels exclusively for over 10 years. No more...

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank DonnaB42
Thank you for staying with us. We are all very sorry that you had the incident with your vehicle. Sacramento has been noted often in the news as being a high vehicle theft and break in region. Thankfully, vehicle break ins are very, very rare at our location. We elected to have extra parking lot lights installed when the hotel was opened 7 years ago, as well as we are proactive in having the lot patrolled during the overnight/early morning hours. These, as well as reminding guests to not leave valuable items visible in their vehicle, have all lead to this type of occurance being so very rare. Based on your feedback, we have had a refresher course with the front desk staff on how to best handle a situation like this. We strive for an experience that exceeds every guest's expectations, even when a challenge like this arises. Thank you, once again!