“Worked Well for Us”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas
Ranked #20 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We spent one night at the hotel on a trip up to Reno from the south bay area. The hotel is right off the freeway and I believe has a free airport shuttle. I loved the Black Bear Diner right across the street, and also the Burger King for my fountain Diet Cokes. The room was fine, and I used a complimentary crib (bring your own blankets!). I didn’t hear any night noise, but don’t know if I had neighbors. We were on the second of three floors.

The breakfast was extensive, with microwaveable breakfast sandwiches and a “pancake and sausage on a stick” which I hadn’t seen before, in addition to the make-your-own waffles, fruit (fresh and refrigerated combos, like mango and grapefruit), several kinds of yogurt, pastries, oatmeal (with additions available such as raisins and huge walnut halves), cereal, juices and more. The breakfast room has a widescreen TV with cartoons that my granddaughter enjoyed. Since breakfast is included, you can always have breakfast for dinner at the Black Bear, since they make such great breakfasts! You also can’t beat the customizable ice cream sundaes there for the kids.

I couldn’t figure out how to turn the heater/AC off (just seemed to go colder or warmer) but that’s probably just me, and I could have called the front desk.

The front desk employees were helpful and gave me complimentary toothpaste and toothbrushes, which I’d forgotten to pack. It’s no “destination resort” but I can definitely recommend this hotel for a stay when visiting in the nearby area, a convenient airport hotel, or for a stop-off stay on a road trip. It worked well for us.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharon M
sajman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Thank you very much for staying with us and the feedback you provided. We look forward to the next time you are in the area. We hope you choose our hotel for your lodging needs!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here for one night, was impressed with the Hotel's "going green" mantra. While in the room you’re asked to keep your key card on the switch by the door, saves on use of electricity in the room – cool feature!
Otherwise like most Fairfield’s it has the same amenities: pool; free breakfast, free wireless, etc. I have to say though having stayed at other Fairfield’s, this one could learn on breakfast options. They were so minimal, it felt very continental!
I’d have given this hotel at least 4 stars, but:
(a) The bed and pillows were not comfortable. I tossed and turned too much. Woke up feeling tired and like I never properly rested.
(b) I could hear doors slamming, not sure if it was from the other rooms or what; when I closed my door, it closed well without noise, but for some reason, there seemed to be doors slamming here and there.
Would I stay here again – probably, but it’d not be my first choice.

Room Tip: Offers shutter to Sacramento Airport!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
sajman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Thank you very much for your stay and the feedback you provided. Of course, we want to be your first choice when you return, so your feedback is very, very valuable to us. Your great comments have already been shared with the maintenance and housekeeping staff. Thank you once again!!

Reviewed August 23, 2011

The plan; an early flight out of the Sacramento airport thus spend the night in Sacramento, leave your cars and shuttle. Save money and get a full nights sleep! Partially correct!!

Initially I had a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express but decided to use our Marriotts Reward card and call the Fairfield Inn to confirm that they had 24 hour airport shuttles. After question the operator about the shuttle and parking I chose to make my reservation at the much easier to access Fairfield.
The freeway access is easy to get to and the parking is well lit. Perfect. Check in was easy and we made a reservation for the very early morning shuttle. Our room was clean although small. The air condition was efficient and there was a nice useable tub (something not found in many hotels sometimes). We had a comfortable nights sleep. Sure the room could be updated but it's a basic indoor coordoor hotel. Not really any frills!
At five fifteen we wandered out to the lobby to await our shuttle. It was at this time my spouse confirmed how to get the shuttle for our return flight to retrieve our cars. It was at this point ... not on the phone when I called to confirm parking...not upon asking for the morning shuttle reservation that we were told we must fill out a form and then would be charged $50 per car to park there. Note: I had specifically asked when I made the reservation about the free parking when staying there and then using the shuttle. No one had mentioned it to us until we brought it up. When asked what would have happened to our cars if WE had not brought it up the desk clerk replied, "Towed"!! There was no time to really dispute this since our shuttle was leaving. Amazing...
The shuttle back was a cab! Seems there driver only works from 6am to 5pm? What happened to 24 hours?
The manager will be called. But who knows what will occur. One note is I have read and reread their website and there is no mention of a charge...and if you call they don't mention it either!

Room Tip: Don't assume your car will be there if you use the airport shuttle!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ccinchico
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We were suppose to stay at the hotel for seven days but our plans change at the last minute. We checked out three days into our seven days stay. When we checked out my daughter left her stuff animal behind on the bed and my son left his favorite blanket on the other bed. I did not realize that it was missing until we got to Anaheim, CA. When we went back to Sacramento our first stop was at the hotel and when I went to ask if anything was turned in, they told me that nothing was logged in or nothing was in the back. So disappointing especially when I know how the whole "lost and found" system work. But I guess some housekeepers like to take things home for their own pleasure.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rosie_xiong
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed at the Fairfield Natomas for one night, July 30, 2011. We used a Groupon that got us a king-size bed room, plus 2 breakfast entrees at the Black Bear Diner, for $59. This was a great deal. When I originally called to place our reservation, Anabelle was very helpful and got all the necessary Groupon information. We called at about 7:30pm on our arrival day to let them know we would be checking in late, around 9:30, and they were very nice about it. I forget the name of the woman who was working at the front desk when we called and when we checked in, but she was really nice. She explained the GreenSwitch technology to us, which we'd never encountered before. What a great way to conserve energy! There was a large tour group checking in at the same time as us, but our check-in wasn't delayed at all...we were helped right away. The only bad part about getting to our room was that the hotel only has 1 elevator, and with a group of 50 trying to get to their rooms at the same time we were, it got a bit crowded.

The room was clean, but very simple. We had just stayed at a Homewood Suites the night before, and that room was huge (more like a suite), so this room felt understandably small. No fridge, not even a small one, which was disappointing. We saw a fridge in another room, so I guess we didn't book that type of room. Still, most hotels we've stayed at had at least a small fridge in the room. The bed was a king, which we enjoyed. The AC seemed to be working fine, and was controlled by a wall thermostat. The GreenSwitch (you use your room key to activate all the power in the room) was great, but I did tend to forget that my key was in the wall, and would go looking for it for a moment before I remembered. Silly, I know, but it's something you have to get used to. The bathroom and shower were all fine...lots of hot water, and decent water pressure.

In the morning, we had breakfast at the Black Bear, so we didn't take advantage of the hotel breakfast. It smelled good, though. The breakfast at the Black Bear was very filling, and pretty good...plus, the restaurant is incredibly close to the hotel. It's not across the street...it's in the same parking lot! There is also a gas station and another hotel in the same vicinity. This location very close to the 80 freeway, so it was easy for us to head over to the State Fair after we checked out the next morning. The gentleman at the front desk in the morning was also very nice. He asked us what we ate for breakfast at the diner, and we had a nice chat. Overall, we would recommend this property, but I don't think I would pay over $100 to stay there. The comments on one of the reviews below ours seem to indicate that the hotel is going to be renovated, so perhaps we'll head back there another time to see how the new rooms look.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
sajman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

We sincerely thank you for your stay with us. Thank you for your comments and feedback. Feedback from our guests is very important to each one of us, as we share guest comments with every employee other every day. We are glad you found a great deal through Groupon. We have been able to establish a great relationship with the good people at Groupon. We are indeed dedicated to providing our guests an experience that we would be proud to offer our most favored acquaintance.

We are also committed to providing great rates, even when we do not have an offer at Groupon. AAA members will always save up to 15% off our regular rates. We have a dynamic pricing system, so even better rates may be available during lower demand periods. We hope you check us out again when you need accommodations in the Sacramento area in the future. We will also periodically offer discounts right here on Tripadvisor!

We have a good mix of room types. We have single KING, double Full, and 25% of our rooms are the larger Executive King Suite which have a small regrigerator and microwave. The Suites are normally only $5 or $10 more than the standard King...so a great value with extra room, and a second TV.

I will also share your comments with our friends at the Black Bear Diner. We do also offer a complimentary upgraded continental breakfast every day. Since we are close to the Sacramento Airport, we have limited breakfast items available at 3:30 every morning!

Thank you once again!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

The location was good, easy on and off the freeway, near a great family restaurant black bear diner that you can walk across the street to. The rooms are older and a little outdated compared to other Fairfield Inn & Suites properties. Price was good $100 bucks a night including all taxes on a last minute weekend booking. Some loud people in the middle of the night but the hotel staff quickly addressed the issues. Overall not bad.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
sajman, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2011

We are all glad that you stayed with us and visited our friends at the Black Bear Diner! It is hard to believe that we are almost six years old. Please be ready to be WOW'd next spring, when we renovate the hotel to Fairfield Inn & Suites newest decor package. We will be one of the first to unveil this new package in the Fairfield Inn family! We hope to see you often at the Fairfield Inn & Suites and Black Bear Diner Sacramento Natomas.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

This hotel was very modern and clean. However, the beds are only full sized. I think Fairfield would be wise to upsize their beds to queen. The room was a little warm, even though we had the a/c on. The breakfast was modest.

Room Tip: Nice hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your stay with us. I appreciate your recommendation for the beds to be changed from double full size to double queen. More than half of our rooms feature a King size bed. We have the standard King, as well as twenty-five Executive King Suites with a king bed and a full size sofa-bed.