“Good breakfast, but don't hang around too long”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Harry's Cafe

Harry's Cafe
Ranked #182 of 1,994 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Japanese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Fair Oaks, California
“Good breakfast, but don't hang around too long”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Harry's has both Asian-style and American breakfasts, and both very good. The Asian breakfasts I've tried are fried rice with sausage and scrambled eggs on top, and chow mein sprinkled with bacon and a lump of scrambled egg on top (house breakfast). As far as the american breakfasts, both my 12 year old and I like the waffles and pancakes. The waffles are light and tasty, the pancakes have a nice crispness on the outside while being nice and soft on the inside.

I'm OK with a shorter meal, but if you like a long leisurely breakfast this might not be the place for you, depending on the time. There's only 6 tables inside, and while the owners/staff are very courteous, there are signs asking to be respectful of the time of those that are waiting. We were last there around 9 AM on a Sunday. The place was half full when we got there and the place was just full when we left.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Greglena

Nevada
“Yum, Yum, Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

Excellent fresh Chinese. Best in Sac, may be crowded!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank TrailerTrashNV
Oceanside, California
“Okay place. Okay Prices. Okay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Not great but won't kill you either. Seems popular with Public Safety types. Clean.

• Visited December 2011
Sacramento, California
“Wor Wonton Soup, and so much more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2010

The title says it all. Hopefully the TA and Google searches will pull this place up when searching for this soup in Sacramento. Its that good. The only better Wor Wanton I've had was in LaJolla, Ca. All the food is great here, and ingredients are super fresh. I've taken numerous friends and family, visitors here over the years since I've been in sacto. (5+ now) But,...why haven't I reviewed it until now?...hmmm
I guess, I am guilty of some TA bias here. Harrys is truly a small locals place. Six tables, with two more on the sidewalk. Hey, he's got 50+ reviews on Yelp, with an average of 4.0 of 5.0. OK, great. But, ya know, I travel a lot. I'm retired, but work part time as a caddy for professional golfers. So I used TA on the road, to great sucess, in finding places to eat. But I'm not looking for six table restaurants. Sometimes, between a few caddies, and some real hungry pros, theres 12 of us anyways. Thats my bias...sorry. I confess that I can walk here in less than 10 minutes.
The food is solid here. You can get anything you want. Others rave about the Pho Chicken. Harry will personally seat you here, tell you his specials, and get right on it. No waiting around. He'll chat you up if you want, talking about coming from Viet Nam, how the doctor told him to retire when he burned his arm badly, etc. Very engaging. A favorite hangout of Mayor Kevin Johnson, who's campaign headquarters were next door. (yes, KJ from Cal/Berkeley/Phoenix Suns point guard)
Look, there are those of you in TA land who really want a small local restaurant. Here you go. On street parking only, visa/mc ok. Breakfast Lunch Dinner, 7 am to 9 pm, sometimes closed Mondays. enjoy...and let us know how you liked it.

3 Thank DaveC95818
Sacramento
“Great neighborhood stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2007

We live really close to Harry's and I've often wondered about it. A couple weeks ago my boyfriend went there with his friend and said he had great sesame chicken with steam broccoli and a nice portion of perfectly cooked rice for $6.95. So we went together the other night so I could check it out. The menu is mostly Chinese staples with some BBQ and Vietnamese choices. We got some egg rolls which were pretty good - I think made on-site, not sure. I got rare flank pho and the boy got Kung Pao Chicken. Both were excellent. I couldn't finish my broth because I added too much hot sauce! Anyway, altogether with one drink the total was just under $20. Harry is really nice and the place is very clean and well kept, if small. They serve breakfast but I didn't get a chance to see the menu. We'll probably give it a try some weekend.

2 Thank kala_ayn