“90 minute wait for food!”

Rubicon Brewing Company
Ranked #178 of 2,024 Restaurants in Sacramento
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We came for a late lunch around 1pm on a Thursday. We had two children (a group of 6) and waited and waited to order. Then it took 90 minutes for our lunch to arrive. The waitress only apologized after we calmly complained asking when our food will be coming. She had no affect to her -like she really didn't care. The beers were great, the cider was great, but we will not be returning! Very disappointing.

There are newer reviews for Rubicon Brewing Company

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Good, well prepared food, not overly expensive. Great locally brewed beers and wonderful, affable service.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I would have not chosen this restaurant without it's past reviews, a bit rustic in appearance, but they have a good location and outside seating. A great lunch the first day brought us back for a repeat meal before we left town. Daily specials like the Chicken cordon brew sandwich are to die for. Then the beer, ah yes, the best part and if you're not sure what to choose, they'll give you samples.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stopped in at Rubicon last Friday after walking around the grounds of the State Capitol building (highly recommended!). I had previously found Monkey Knife Fight at a couple of places that feature 100-200 tap beers. I didn't even realize that I was walking into the place that makes it - that was a nice surprise. However, it was also a treat to try some other other beers. I started with an Amber Ale and then noticed that they had a Scotch Ale scribbled on the blackboard. Both were very good.

The food is nothing to get excited about, but all of it tastes better with a good brew along side.

1  Thank Barry D
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This provided an excellent lunch spot - it was warm enough to eat outside though we chose to stay inside on our first visit. The menu was basic but good - I enjoyed the BLT while my husband had the sausage platter. Beer is why you come here. I enjoyed the Monkey Knife Fight and the Amber while my husband favored the Irish Stout. There is a nice neighborhood feel here, its casual, good service, and very inviting. Pull up a bar stool and stay a while.