“Farrell's Ice Cream, Sacramento”

Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Loved the old Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour years ago on Freeport Blvd, which closed years ago. Excited when the new one opened on Watt Ave. SOOOO DISAPPOINTED-- ice cream was boring and small compared to Leatherby's. This really surprised me, as I thought it would be great. Average $9 for 2 scoops + toppings. Go to Leatherby's instead, for great-tasting ice cream and presentation. Go to Farrell's for entertainment -- though that was pretty disappointing -- the same stuff over and over. Might be better if this was your lst time ever. Otherwise, do no plan to return. Liked Leatherby's much better.

3  Thank brendazart

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Had a 13 year old birthday party and it's loud, but a good kind of loud. Surprised at how good the food was and of course great sundaes. Very busy on Saturday night. Called in a week ahead to make the reservation for 10 people and was lucky there was a cancellation or we would hAve been out of luck.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I grew up in the 60s, so it was like going back to my childhood. . .All the staff were upbeat and very personable. The food was pretty good. My dish was served a little on the cold side. They took it off my bill! The ice cream was great, although the caramel didn't taste homemade. : (
(I'm a caramel fanatic.) All in all, it was a great experience and we overate, feeling miserable. So, my advice is, if you plan to have a big dessert, then don't eat too much dinner!.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I both have fond memories of Farrell's in Sunnyvale, many years ago. We looked forward to trying this brand new one. We will not be going back. The service was excellent, the food was not. My burger was overcooked and dry, the fries were mediocre, hubby's chili dog was big, but nothing especially tasty. We shared a hot fudge sundae. The whipped cream was very very good, the ice cream was average and, as most places, there just wasn't enough fudge.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

In the 1980's we frequented Farrell's with our children and had a great time. We were surprised when our Sacramento friend told us Farrell's is back in Sacramento. We went for lunch and ice cream. The food was fine for a casual lunch. The ice cream sodas, shakes, and sundaes are no longer the innovation they were years ago. But they are still good ice cream treats. I agree they need less whipped cream. Without children and at our age now, the Farrell's approach to fun is just too noisy and the "fun" too choreographed. The bells and singing seem over amplified since 30 years ago. It is not the place for relaxing and conversation. As I sat there it occurred to me that it is the perfect place for families with kids who play with their electronic gizmos throughout family dinner. This place could "perk up" a bored kid. My opinion is this is a great place for fun, young families, birthday parties, and ice cream lovers.