“So West of Texas It's Dried Out”

Texas West Bar-B-Que
Ranked #248 of 2,013 Restaurants in Sacramento
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Roseville, California
“So West of Texas It's Dried Out”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I recently ordered 2 take-out sandwiches: one of Pulled Pork and the other, Tri-Tip. On the menu these sandwiches were rated with gold stars. Stars my eyes! When I got them home, both meats were so dried out, over-cooked, and flavorless that after 1 bite of each, I stopped and chewed on the matter. I put a bit of their hearty sauce on another bite of each sandwich. I only tasted sauce on top of un-tasty meat. I wrapped the sandwiches back up and returned to the restaurant. The Manager was VERY accommodating, and gave me small samples of other meats to try for new sandwiches. None really tasted better. As I spent 10 years savoring true Texas BBQ, it was hard to believe that restaurant prided itself on true replicas of the "real deal". Hmmm. Something lost in the translation.

To give credit, the Manager's friendliness and desire to please was very evident. And the side dishes of potato salad were great with just the right amount of pickle. If I ever go back, I might try the well reviewed ribs. Or is this chain restaurant just another corporate bow to mass taste?

• Visited December 2011

Roseville, California
“Best Bar-B-Que in Sacramento”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We've tried bar-b-que at many restaurants and Texas West is the best! This time
we had the Pork Po Boy sandwich with french fries. Both the sandwich and the
fries were outstanding.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank steve5235
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This place was ok. I would try Big Joes or Mac Ques......”
Reviewed December 5, 2008

This place was ok. I would try Big Joes or Mac Ques......

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Sac
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The absolute best BBQ EVER!!!!”
Reviewed May 23, 2008

Absolutely the best bbq ever!!!I have been going here the last 6 years, I suggest the brisket plate, the pig out burger. The sauce is most defintely the best ever. They have locations in sacramento off fulton ave, in folsom & in Roseville on douglas blvd.

1 Thank Sillynhappy