“well below bar; poor service and food”

Fat City Bar & Cafe
Ranked #36 of 2,023 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had been to their sister restaurant in Folsom (which was really good) and decided to take our out-of-town friend to this location in Old Sacramento. We regret that we made that decision. The place is horrible and they probably only get clientele because of their location. Despite a reservation and plenty of open tables, were were given a table in front of the restroom. When we asked our server if we could be moved, they did not. The [rude] hostess didn't even bother to answer the question herself; they were definitely not busy because there were plenty of open tables during the 75 mins we were there. The food was fairly below par for the price. The buns on the burger were wrinkly and soggy. The meat tasted good until the next day when I had to frequent the toilet. The cajun pasta that my wife ordered was very bland. Now that I think of it, the place wasn't full even on a Saturday evening. I would not recommend this place to anyone. There are plenty of other good restaurants in Old Sacramento.

There are newer reviews for Fat City Bar & Cafe

Reviewed December 10, 2012

My 6 year old and I had a delicious dinner here and the service was outstanding. We said we only had 50 minutes and they got us in and out in 40 minutes without us feeling rushed at all. It was hopping that night too. I had angelhair pasta with shrimp added and my daughter had grilled cheese sandwich and we enjoyed the tropical non-alcoholic drinks.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I haven't been to Old Town Sac in years and remembered this adorable restaurant. The menu looked good and the prices were very reasonable, so we ducked inside. Service was ok but the food was horrible. The (sourdough) bread was undercooked and doughy. We both ordered the half roast chicken. It tasted as if had been cooked previously and barely warmed. Mine was served with mashed sweet potatoes, which would have been good if they'd been hot. The bathroom was dirty and the staff were arguing so loudly, we could hear them. The next table sent their entrees back. We told the manager about our disappointment, and she apologized but that was it.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had a very nice lunch, but the atmosphere was great. Tiffany ceilings and lamps, wooden accents - very retro and enjoyable.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Super cute inside and the food is DELICIOUS!! Especially if you're hungry! :) But the service was just alright... The girls coming by with water were completely on top of it, but our server was MIA most of the time.. What's up with that!?