“Excellent, interesting and genuine!!”

Casablanca Moroccan Restaurant
Ranked #169 of 2,049 Restaurants in Sacramento
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2011

As a Moroccan American I can
Definitely recommend this place. The food is top notch in every regard, and despite the humble location, you forget what's outside once the service has started bring out each delicious dish.

1  Thank barorg

Reviewed July 28, 2011

It was our second date and I wanted to surprise a guy with something fun..especially since it was his birthday. I came across this place and was a little skeptical...It looked different, but also alot of fun. I made a reservation and decided to try it. SO GLAD I did. The owner is the waiter, his wife is his assistant. Never will you go somewhere and feel more welcome and at home. They treat you like roaylty at this place- will do whatever it takes to please you. The food was absolutely amazing (and I am not going to lie- we kind of thought before going we may end up grabbing food afterwards because who knows what it would be like). We ordered the Sultan's feast- which I highly recommend. If you order that, they bring you a little bit of a whole lot of stuff. There were more courses then I can count, and we were wayy full. The belly dancers were awesome- they got the whole place up and dancing. If you are looking for somewhere new, fun, with great food at a reasonable price that you will always remember, this is the place to go!!! TRY IT!

3  Thank MindyinLasVegas
Reviewed May 7, 2011

We've been going to this restaurant for YEARS. The food is absolutely spectacular, the environment fun, and the hosts warm and welcoming. Service is always slow so don't go when you have to rush away; go to relax and spend the evening, enjoy the belly dancing, savor the food. The staff will gladly refrigerate a cake and slice it for you, so think about this place when you're planning a special celebration. You won't be sorry. Oh, and they don't serve alcohol, but allow you to bring in your own.

Reviewed November 21, 2010

We happened across this small restaurant, in a strip mall, on a recent visit to Sacramento. The food was fine, the atmosphere okay, and the service not bad (just one host/waiter, who seemed a bit overwhelemed by the number of people-- including one family birthday party-- on this early weeknight evening). No alcohol served, but one can bring in their own beer or wine, including from the liquor store next door. All in all, not a bad, if not cheap, meal, though I think we had a slightly better meal and atmosphere at another area Moroccan restaurant, the Marrakech, we ate at last summer. Of course, the quality of the meal depends somewhat on the luck of the draw-- whether what you order is the restaurant's best.

A TripAdvisor Member
sacramento
Reviewed May 24, 2006

If you are looking for a fun evening, try Casablanca! I took my parents there recently for their anniversary and they had a blast (their first time, not ours). Don't be detered by the location (its in a mini strip mall and looks closed from the outside) because when you step inside, you will feel like you have been transported to Morocco! This restaurant is owned by two brothers who are basically the serving staff too! They are so friendly and want to ensure you have a good time. Tables are low to the ground so you sit on huge pillows and low baqets around an ornate gold tabletop. The walls and ceilings are covered with beautiful fabrics that give it the feel of a sultans tent. On Friday and Saturday nights, there is a belly dancer that performs for guests. This is such a treat and I definately recommend going on one of these nights. Also, the restaurant doesn't serve alcohol but allows outside wine to be brought in with no extra cost. They will provide you with a wine opener and you get to do the honors. The Sultans Feed is a fantastic experience by which you will be served a four course meal that includes, if you chose, a fantasic chicken, vegtables and coucous. After you are done eating, they come around with towels and pour warm water at your table to wash your hands! It is so fun! The food is excellent and vegatarians are accomodated. I would definately recommend this restaurant.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member