“Authentic”

Los Jarritos Mexican Food
Ranked #236 of 2,134 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my daughter's go-to authentic Mexican food in her neighborhood. Always good and great prices.

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

If you want awesome tacos and any other Mexican dish at reasonable prices, you should definitely frequent Los Jarritos! We will by extra salsa and enchilada sauce to make at home. Delicious!!!

Reviewed June 15, 2017

I concur with others:
-Don't expect fancy (I, also, do not frequent multinational corps like Taco Bell or Chipotle),
-One needs to be patient as you stand and wait in lines that are sometimes long at lunch (6-8 people). to place your order,
-I have stayed there to eat before ...Now it is much easier to get mine to-go
-Street parking is slightly difficult at times (but worth it)
-I've seen employee attention to detail suffer and go down...that is a management issue that needs to be addressed, if anyone cares.

I've been coming here for 19 years and always get the same thing:
---Carnitas Super Burrito (I make no changes, substitutions, or additions). I love it (and yes, sometimes, they have run out of carnitas on a Sunday night--it happens-- That day I went home without and was disappointed). The burrito is so large I can sometimes make 2-3 meals out of it.
-I've tried other items, like tamales-- not worth my money. I can steam better ones from Smart and Final.
-I sometimes buy a pint of their fresh salsa-- I mix and match and fill the container myself-- good quality, good price for fresh made.

Compared to Jim-Boy's Super ground beef burrito-- The Los Jarritos one is more than twice the size and twice the quality for the same price.

A CONCERN:
Most times after 7pm their salsa bar is not replenished and can be quite empty when the restaurant is 40% full--clearly the employees want empty bowls when the place closes--less work for them. That is an easy fix if the manager was aware or cared--it is a shame that those at night do not get the same quality/quantity as those at lunch when it is well stocked, bowls are full, and replenished often. If that doesn't change-- I would drop my review to three stars.

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

Good food at a price that makes it a great stop for lunch. Super burrito was about $6.00. Large seating area for small or larger groups.

Reviewed May 26, 2017

My wife's favorite Mexican restaurant. If you are coming for decor forget it and the tables and chairs are not that appealing but in my wife's word "fantastic fajitas and tremendous tacos". We usually take the dog and sit outside at the picnic tables. The food is great and the prices are low, so make this your next stop when in the neighborhood.