“Choose carefully.”

Riverside Clubhouse
Ranked #200 of 1,999 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Choose carefully.”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The Cobb Salad is unusual in presentation, but surprisingly good (but order extra bacon).
Another Haines Brothers restaurant, but the menu is not as consistent as their 33rd St Bistro location.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank wayne j

San Francisco
“Sunday Brunch is a happening place”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Note: You can't judge a restaurant by it's exterior. Walk in and be surprised - Impressive and huge restaurant. Evidently, Riverside is the "go-to-place" in Sacto for brunch. For good reason. Big crowd, good service and very good menu. We loved the Huevos Rancheros, the Eggs Benedict, Breakfast Burrito and Waffle. Don't expect quiet/ntimate- the crowd is lively and fueled by Sparking wine-fruity drinks. We will return.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Page L
Sacramento, California
“Date Night? yes. Family dinner? there are better options”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We go to this restaurant on date nights for the happy hour and it is great. Lively and friendly atmosphere and great food and drink deals. However, if you have kids, there are better options. The service was very good and they even offered to put the kids orders in early but the main issue was that the kids meals consist of a cylinder of fries with a burger the size of a plum (not exagerating) and a strip and a half for the chicken strips. There are just many other options in Sacramento. they do have crayons. I will say that my husband's burger and my clubhouse salad with chicken were both very good. In fact, my chicken was cooked perfectly. The food is overpriced but at least it was good. It costs $80 for the four of us.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank FamilyontheMove_12
Rio Vista, California
“Inside not appealing”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I finally visited this restaurant as I have heard about it for years but not stopped as it didn't seem appealing from the outside. I was seated inside by the bar as the outside patio that I had been told was great was closed, and it was cold. It looked nice. The other rooms had parties in them and were closed. The bar area wasn't especially nice, but we were there because my granddaughter loves their tomato basil soup. She ordered that and it was different and tasted good. She also orders that because it is one of the only inexpensive things on the menu. I ordered fish and chips which did not taste like anything I have had in London. The batter separated from the fish. So, I had a fried lunch for a high cost. Nothing healthy for me. My husband ordered the salad but is a vegan so he took out things that weren't vegan and ended up with a high cost salad that looked just like a packaged lettuce with loades of dressing. I am trying to decide if I would go back or not. For the high cost of the menu and sitting in the bar, I would not go back. I may go back in nice weather to sit on the patio and would try to find something lower cost and healthy rather than fried food. It would be nice if restaurants had two or three healthy vegan dishes for those that can't or don't eat the typical American diet.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Crt1943
Sacramento, California
“Lively watering hole and meeting spot”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I met a group of friends, ages ranging from 40 to 70, for a Saturday evening birthday dinner at this restaurant. We'd reserved a corner table early in the evening, as someone familiar with the place said it got busy quickly. She wasn't kidding---by 6 p.m. the place was roaring, especially around the bar in the front. It wasn't unpleasant---the crowd was mostly 30+ (think urban jazz and blues audience) and everyone was civil and friendly: but one of the older members of our group had hearing problems and had a difficult time following the conversation. There is a patio-like area towards the back with a cozy fireplace; I wish we had requested a table there, as it appeared to be more intimate and quiet. The menu is American steakhouse with some nouveau cuisine items: I ordered the pumpkin ravioli and a Fat Tire beer on tap. The glass of beer was huge (yay!) but the ravioli was not---I think I had six bite-size pieces on my plate, swathed in a creamy sauce. It was delicious, but for the $13 I paid, I would have liked a couple more ravioli. Since I was still hungry, I had to fill up on the bread brought to our table at the beginning of the meal. My tablemates had mixed reviews of their orders: the person who ordered the ahi tuna poke said it was too spicy and she couldn't finish it, while the couple who ordered the Clubhouse salad was very pleased with theirs. The fish and chips were called "average" and "okay." The Cubano sandwich was probably the best item on our table, though the friend who ordered it refused to share more than a few bites, lol. The birthday girl received a free dessert, a small dish of gelato. I thought it was fine, but the guest of honor thought it was too sweet and let the rest of the table finish it for her. Service was friendly, though it slowed down a bit as the restaurant got busier. A side note: parking was difficult to find near the restaurant. There is a small parking lot behind the Clubhouse, but that fills up very quickly. Riverside Boulevard has restricted parking up until 6 p.m. and the side street immediately adjacent to the Clubhouse has signs warning that parking is reserved for permit holders only. The online menu says customers can park in the Target lot after 5 p.m., which isn't a bad walk if the weather is pleasant. It was raining when we were done with dinner however, so one unfortunate "volunteer" was sent out to get the car and ferry the rest of us back to the parking lot. I'd like to come back, as I enjoyed our evening there: but I hope the portions for the other entrees are larger. There are many restaurants in the neighborhood where you get better value for your buck, though they might not be as romantic or cozy.

• Visited November 2012