“a breath of heaven”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Downtown Sacramento
“a breath of heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2007

New Roma is 2 blocks from my house and when the wind is just right i can smell it from my porch :) Their round sourdough loaves are my favorite, though the italian bread is pretty good too. I go in there all the time for lunch; their sandwiches are good (how not when they make the bread right there?), and I love that cucumber salad thing they have. The sweets kill me; it's hard to stick to any kind of diet with them right up the street. My only real issue with them is sometimes the customer service is a little sloppy. Otherwise they're awesome.

A TripAdvisor Member
“wedding cake troubles”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2004

Had limited choices of cake varieties: ie frostings, decorations and fillings. Upon arrival of wedding cake, top cake was missing cream flowers that were ordered and baker delivering wanted to clip flowers off a nearby rose bush to make up for her mistake. It wasn't until groom mentioned that why risk putting bugs and pestides on the cake and also that it was written on the order that it was corrected. The major trouble was trying to collect the $75 deposit on the pillars. First of all no copy of the contract was given to us stating that they could only be returned monday thru friday from 8am til 2pm. The second was the base board for the bottom cake tier. (It suppossedly cost them $50 dollars for a wooden one. I found a masonite one on line for about $6, but no wooden one). When ordering the cake, my husband and I heard no mention of a specific time or that a cake board had to be returned along with the pillars. The baker said it was in the contract. So, since a copy of the contract was never given to us stating this, the baker said the girl taking the order always says the pillars and the board need to be returned: I was only given $25 back. I AM NOT RECOMMENDING NEW ROMA BAKERY FOR THEIR LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE OR BUSINESS PRACTICES - NOT GIVING COPIES OF THE CONTRACT OR FAIR VALUE OF THE CAKE BOARD.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member