“Good Food...Nice Bar”
Review of Esquire Grill

Esquire Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Esquire Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 2,084 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 13th St.
Transit: K Street Light Rail
Description: Inspired by classic American cooking of times past, The Esquire Grill brings a modern, yet timeless dining experience to downtown Sacramento. The restaurant, designed by San Francisco architect Michael Guthrie, is located on the ground floor of the 26-story Esquire Plaza Building and adjacent to the Sacramento Community Theater and Convention Center. The menu includes a selection of grilled and spit roasted meats, fish, and poultry, as well as appetizers, salads, and house made desserts. A full bar, extensive wine list, and private banquet facilities are also available.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Esquire Grill has the best tuna app. I have ever had. Served with sweet potato chips it really is fantastic. Last time I went I had them just prep me a double order of the app for my dinner and was stuffed. So fresh it was amazing.

Esquire is a nice place to have a quiet drink and or dinner with friends and family. We had my mother's birthday celebration there as well and they treated her very nicely.

Great service.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Ordered grilled artichoke appetizer and was floored how delicious it was. They are happy to share their recipe and it is pretty elaborate. Clearly dedicated to delivering a quality end result. Every bite was as good as the first. Portion size was 3 medium-sized, halves and was plenty. Service was best I've ever had at any airport. Rick was server and he exuded pride in his restaurant. Also ordered the tuna sashimi appetizer (YUM!). Definitely worth eating here when waiting for your next flight.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stopped by with my wife for a bite before the IMAX Bond movie (IMAX is right next door) and rediscovered this restaurant in a new light. It had been several years since being there, and this night it just sounded right. We ate at the bar, and ended up with a full meal and a side salad to share. The arugula and apple salad is mouthwatering good, and the peppery taste of the arugula was the perfect lead-in to one of the best New York steaks I have had. We ordered it rare, and it was cooked to perfection, tender, well seasoned with salt and pepper, and with a bit of demi glace for the perfect accent. Accompanied with the creamiest of mashed potatoes and a brussels sprouts sautéd with bacon, this was a night to remember. Service at the bar was great, as was the wine selection and drinks. Thanks again!

1  Thank george p
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I ordered the butter lettuce and beet salad with dressing on the side. The salad arrived dressed. I sent it back and the second time it arrived with dressing and avocado in the side. It wasn't a difficult order and it was incorrect both times. If you are in the airport, I recommend skipping this one.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This place is an upscale joint with servers who make you feel comfortable. When I came in, it was late for lunch and I was literally the only person in the whole place. I decided to sit at the bar and the bartender was fantastic with recommendations and conversation for my whole hour. She steered me away from the daily special which she said was unimpressive to their burger, which she said was awesome. I have to say that I agree and it was the best restaurant burger I've had in quite some time. I would love to stop here for lunch again when I'm in Sacto on business.