“Good food and excellent service!”

The Old Spaghetti Factory
Ranked #84 of 2,023 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our group of 7 including 3 children ate here recently and enjoyed it immensely. The food is good, but I would not say fantastic. I had the chicken marsala and have had better. The service was fantastic and very attentive. This is a great place to go if you have children. They are treated very wonderfully. The old railroad depot is neat to see with its stained glass and old woodwork. Parking could probably be a pain if you got there late on a busy evening. We got there fairly early and it was still a bit of a drive around to find parking on a Friday early evening. There is dedicated parking for the restaurant, but I bet it can fill quickly. All in all, I would eat here again if I were traveling with my son.

There are newer reviews for The Old Spaghetti Factory

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

While on a business trip in the Sacramento area, our group took a dinner trip to this enjoyable restaurant. Nicely situated just moments from the State Capitol, this restaurant delivered good food.

The servers were helpful, courteous, and friendly during our visit. The food was excellent as we received good sized portions of food.

The restaurant is nestled next to railroad tracks (as is customary with most Spaghetti Factory locations). We enjoyed watching a couple of trains pass by as we engaged in our conversations while eating our meals.

Fairly priced in a good area - Enjoyable.

Thank you for reading my review!

-McClintock 853

1  Thank Mcclintock853
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This resturant is in a restored Railroad Depot, with stained glass windows and ornate woodwork. The food was some of the best Italian food I have had in a long time. The Lasagna was done to perfection and very flavorful

1  Thank mwsmithmn
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Have eaten at another Old Spaghetti Factory before so I figured this would be good. Party of 2 and we were placed in the back room...and forgotten! The waiter came to take order, came back once and only again to bring check. There were no staff around to ask for assistance unless you hunted for them. I make better Lasagna than they did, the sausage Ravioli was good. Would I go back again...NO

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I went with my son's third grade field trip and we had lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory. It is nicely furnished and there was plenty of room for our group of 90 plus. The menu was very limited for such a large group. Spaghetti, macaroni and cheese and a ravioli choice fadded for the adults. The kids loved the restaurant but the kids thought their choices were "not real good" and my spaghetti was far worse than military spaghetti. Perhaps they do better for small family dining, but a previous visit did not impress me at all. I can't comment on the service as it is impossible to do anything other than take orders and serve such a large group. I may go again for the ambience, it is kind of nostalgic.

2  Thank JRonaldT