“Wonderful views and pleasant food”
Review of Rio City Cafe

Rio City Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Rio City Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 2,160 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We offer a delicious high-quality, farm-fresh American cuisine with lots of meats and seafood on the scenic riverfront in Old Sacramento. Casual, full bar, kid-friendly, fun atmosphere. Park in the Tower Bridge Garage, bring in your ticket, and we validate for 2 hours.
Reviewed September 22, 2017

We were here for lunch in Old Sacramento, and came for the views as it was on the river. The seating outside is comfortable and they have a pretty good sized deck. The interior seemed to have a very nice bar that overlooks some tables, then the river.. but the best view is still outside.

Our server Leah(sp?) was very professional, prompt, and took great care of it. We ordered the soup de jour to start off with, which was chicken noodles for the day. What a pleasant surprise, my favorite pasta cavatappi was in it! The soup was flavorful and not too salty. For our meal my husband had the crab cakes sandwich, while I had the Philly style sandwich. They both came with rosemary fries, which were good, but even better with a side of ranch (so is it the fries that are good, or is it the ranch?). I enjoyed my sandwich tremendously, as the peppers gave it a great tang while the mushrooms and caramelized onions were a good match with the meat. The bread was very good as it was toasted, but not dry, overwhelming, or too thick and went very well with the rest of the sandwich. My husband's crab cake was placed on a french bread baguette, which was also moist. However, I felt the crab cake with the meat and the cheese was over powered by the french bread.

Overall the experience was wonderful, and I would suggest someone to enjoy the view outside if possible, and a pleasant meal. :)

Reviewed September 19, 2017

We had a very nice dinner here - Organic chicken for me, and a filet for him. Both were well prepared, and delicious. Service was excellent.

Thank snooksinK.C.
Reviewed September 6, 2017

The restaurant can be very crowded so we had our meal in the bar area where there wasn't a wait. The service was great. The Caesar salad was very large and delicious. The salmon BLT was amazing and highly recommend it. Also, the crab cakes were excellent and very filling. French fries were very tasty. When in old town, highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

This is a super place to eat in Sacramento. It's relaxing to dine by the water, they have a good variety of delicious meals - I especially enjoyed the fish tacos. Excellent service and the manager has such a great personality and visits the guests to make sure you are enjoying yourself. This place has a lot of character and quality!

Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

Located right on the Sacramento river next to old town. Walking distance to Raley Field, the train excursions, Embassy Suites hotel and all the fun museums and shops in old town.
The service is great, seating outside along the water is nice. We sat and watched the boats while we had dinner on the patio.
The food is good. A bit pricey but it's a tourist location. I had the monkfish and my husband got steak. We shared the shrimp cocktail and wedge salad. I'd get everything again except the shrimp, which was so-so. Our son had a burger on the kids menu and said it was ok, he didn't finish it.
Overall we enjoyed our meal and experience at Rio City Cafe. We will be back!