“Really, really good mex food!”
Review of Vallejo's Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Vallejo's Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Always large portions, great prices and nice people.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

This was one of the three locations for Vallejo's but is now partly owned by someone else and is called Eliana's Cafe. They serve Mexican faire in the morning and switch to ordinary American faire in the afternoon. I ordered the Bacon Cheeseburger Lunch Special which comes with french fries for $4.99. I requested the order to go and I waited less than 5 minutes. At first I was very pleased with that but soon found out there was a reason the service was so fast. The hamburger was undercooked and to say it was warm is being generous. I walked less than 1 block before I was ready to eat it so that wasn't the reason it was not hot. This hamburger was dripping in whatever is their "special sauce" and had a huge slice of onion, a couple of dill pickle slices and an unripe tomato slice and wilted lettuce. The cheese wasn't even remotely melted. The best part of the burger was the bacon. The fries were few, sprinkled heavily with pepper and slightly warm. Some of the special sauce had dripped on the fries.
I won't have lunch there again which is disappointing because it's very close to work and not much else is. I do not recommend this cafe.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I've been a Vallejo's fan for years, returning recently to the 11th & O location after living outside CA for several years. What a disappointment! While our food was good, some of our meals were not as ordered or depicted in the menu. Additionally, the service we received was among the worst I have ever experienced. Requests for basic items like chips and water were forgotten, delivery of meals was unacceptably slow and a server made an annoyed facial expression when one guest in our party asked that two ingredients (which give her digestive problems), be omitted from her meal. Sadly, we won't return to Vallejo's and I can't recommend it.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

I love the food, staff, and strong drinks, and its fairly cheap. You will have leftovers.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

A downtown favorite! There are several locations - I've eaten at all of them! Great restaurant for a special occasion (birthday, retirement) or just to get a good meal! I've tried a large selection of their menu and everything is terrific (except the red salsa, too hot. Service is good, margaritas wonderful! I would definately recommend Vallejo's!