“Can't go wrong here! Get the risotto!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 12th
Transit: Light Rail stop is half a block from front door, City bus stops are one block away on either J St or L St.
st paul
“Can't go wrong here! Get the risotto!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been traveling to Sacramento frequently of late and I can't not go here for dinner. The rib-eye was cooked perfectly each time, and the Kobe burgers are juicy and tasty. The asparagus and shrimp risotto is to die for! The service is consistently excellent, but what really keeps me coming back is the manager, Jose. He's a genuine, caring man who, when he asks you how you're doing, really means it. He's a throwback to the old days when a restaurant manager remembered you and called you by name. After only being there one time, he remembered me, my name and even where I sat! The ambiance here is that of an old-school steakhouse. I will keep coming back for the steak, the risotto and Jose! It's excellent food for the price!
Thank you Jose! Keep up the great work!!

• Visited August 2013

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Solid Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

The specials posted outside encouraged us to dine here. Not my favorite kind of atmosphere a little to kitschy gold rush era for my taste but the food was modern. Beet salad was terrific. Sea bass and steak special were both good with better than average accoutrements and presentation. Decent wine list with not too much markup.

Visited August 2013
San Diego, California
“Poor steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I love a good steak, but besides the entree the service and atmosphere were excellent. My steak was so tuff and grizzly. Disappointed. The wild mushroom soup was good as was the red wine we had. I wouldn't go back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New york
“Nice steak house”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

IF you like steak and you are in Sacramento, The Broiler is a good steak house to go to. I have the beet salad and the filet oscar which were quite delicious. It was close to the capitol and the conventional center.

Visited July 2013
Santa Monica, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food and Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Excellent food and service! We have been to The Broiler several times and each time the food and service was excellent. I would agree with other reviews that the restaurant has "an old world charm". The restaurant feels relaxed and comfortable (something unique for an upscale restaurant) while still providing exceptional service. We ordered Calamari, Cesar Salad and Bone-In Rib Eye and everything was delicious. The Bus Boy, Waiter and Jose Del Toro could not have been nicer. Thank you for another great meal, we will be back!

• Visited June 2013