“Great food, excellent service”
Review of Paesano's Pizzeria

Paesano's Pizzeria
Ranked #60 of 2,131 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Paesanos' located near the corner of 18th street and Capitol Ave (Midtown area). Bryon, our waiter was never pushy, allowing us plenty of time to go over the menu, and was very knowledgeable in the making of the dishes we have selected. We started out with the Polenta fries appetizer. It was very light and tasty, you can dip it in the gorgonzola sauce and/or the ketchup. As for the main courses, we had the meatball and spaghetti, Gemelli Spinaci, and the Pan roasted cauliflower. They were very delicious! How can we leave without trying their dessert selections. We decided to try the Tiramisu and the Panna cotta. Ahh, the Tiramisu was soo good! As for the Panna cotta, it was very smooth with fresh berries on top, but not too sweet. The ambiance is good, a little on the noisy side with two large TV's mounted on the walls. But then it was game 6 of the World Series between the Red Sox and the Cardinals. The only down side to the location of the restaurant was the limited street parking. We definitely will return....

Reviewed October 31, 2013

It is located at the center of the city and in a very lovely locality. The service is good. the garlic bread was very tasty. we had Pan roasted Cauliflower which was good if you want something that is tasty and light on cheese. Capellini D' Angello tasted yumm and would totally reccommend it

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We made the decision to eat at Paesano’s because of the Trip Advisor write-ups. We arrived at 5:30 PM on a Saturday evening and sat inside. The place filled up fast in the next 30 minutes. We started with a calamari appetizer and two salads. The calamari was deep fried and fell apart on touch revealing a 90% batter and 10% calamari meat ratio. The salads were fresh and served promptly by the wait staff. The kids’ meals were small portions and priced right. The chicken tenders and personal cheese pizza were a hit. The adults had a large combination pizza that was outstanding. We nearly ate every slice, but stopped before popping a seam at the table. I would skip the calamari and go right for the pizza if we were to go back. I would recommend to my family and friends.

2  Thank Bob916Stick
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I'm so stuffed I can barely type! What a great value, for the most amazing food.

Brian was our waiter and his service was impeccable.

I had a pizza- yummy. Lady had spegetti and meatballs (meatballs were a bit spicy for her). Friend enjoyed the Rossetti Overall a perfect night

Only neg was its a bit loud, but the nice candlelight made up for the mood ;-)

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I were in Sacramento and wanted to try someplace new. We walked around the Capital area and saw many eateries. Most were very slow this early evening except Paesano's. I told my wife that many people can't be wrong so we walked in and gave it a try. The artichoke crab appetizer was very tasty. I had the creole pasta which was loaded with shrimp, chicken, andoulle sausage, and some type of ham. It was a little spicy which matches the description on the menu. I loved it. My wife had the Pasta D'Angelo which was very bland. She was shy about asking for a replacement. When I brought it up to the waiter, he was kind and understanding. I think his name was Tim. They offered her another meal. She got the cheese tortellini in the basil cream sauce. It was even better than my dinner! :-) The place is clean and modern. The staff was friendly, and the food was good. Yes, the first dish was on the bland side but my dish was spicy as it should have been. My point is that there's likely something on the menu for every pallet. Oh yeah... very affordable too!