“Lovely dinner experience”

Cuisines: Italian, Czech
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had dinner there with my adult son and my father...not easy to please 3 generations, but they did! I have nut allergies and the server was very helpful...my dad loves a full big dinner and my son likes international cuisine. We dined the day before Thanksgiving, just before closing and had wonderful food and service. All of us commented to each other that we'd go back again soon. Having traveled in eastern Europe, I had a favorite "adult beverage" and they serve it at Bohemia! We will definitely be going back again soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We've been going out to dinner on Sunday nights for several months because it's less hassle and more laid back. Our choice this week was at the recommendation of my pedicurist. She said it was a cute little neighborhood place, with choices of Italian or Czech food--an intriguing combination. Parking is on the street. We got there around 6:00 and it was already half full (only eleven indoor tables and five bar seats), so I imagine there's usually a wait on the weekends. Interesting that it seems to attract a wide range of diners--young couples, parents and grandparents with children, older couples and groups of friends. Decor was cozy and eclectic. As soon as we walked in the door the server told us to sit anywhere we liked. I immediately ordered a dark Czech beer (very good) and my husband ordered his usual merlot. Given the ethnic food combination, there was an unusual selection of European-style dishes. We chose to split the sausage, red cabbage, and potato pancake special. It was perfect, as we're not big eaters. All were tasty, although the potato pancake was a little greasy. We should have quit there, because the homemade apple strudel was overdone. The service was attentive and pleasant, it was a good choice for our Sunday evening culinary adventures, and we'll return.

1  Thank HappyWandererQ
Reviewed December 22, 2011

My wife and I were in the area on a Sunday afternoon, and found that they were open. We had not been in a couple of years, and it is still a great find. Also, several excellent imported beers on tap. Do try the calamari appetizer, and their schnitzel plates (yes, you can still find them in a few places) have good size portions with tasty sides. A friendly and helpful server is an added plus.

1  Thank lincmark
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Had a late lunch here Oct. 27. The four of us ordered different things and all declared delicious. The menu is a mix of Italian and Czech/Bavarian, heavy on the pork. My beef goulash was rich and tender, served with dumplings and red cabbage (the green beans were overcooked and inedible). My brother-in-law raved about the ravioli. There was a chicken dish on the menu, in a wine sauce, that looked very tempting. Points off for noise - there was only one other party in the restaurant, but they were having a loud conversation which made it difficult for us to talk without raising our voices - the room is like an echo chamber. Good Czech beers on tap. A nice seating area outside on the sidewalk. Prices were reasonable and service was attentive but not intrusive.

1  Thank JustGetOnTheTrain