“God this is bad!!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My son moved to Sacramento a few years ago and knowing that I LOVE chilli relenos, he kept telling me about this place as he said the had great ones.

Our first trip there was about 7 weeks past my bariatric surgery, and I could eat only about 1/4 a cup of food. But my son so wanted me to have a bite of his chilli releno, so we went. Even explaining to the waitress who was very mature, that I could not eat much, she insisted I either had to order or she would charge me ??? $ 4 or maybe it was $6, so my husband ordered me some soup which my son took home to eat later.

So now I can eat a bit more and my son wanted me to be able to have a good taste, and since we knew they would charge me even if I didn't eat, we ordered me a plate.

I am not sure what happens to people when they move away for where we have fantastic Mexican food, but it sure isn't at Tres Hermanas. First of all the chips are horrible, thick and nasty, worst on the shelf at the store, salsa not good and really hot! The chili releno was very good, it had very little batter on it where some have more batter than filling, so that was good!!!

The beans...not even near as good as they should be.

I didn't like this place at all, however I must be the only one as it is always filled and has standing room only, but NO I will not go back. Might get the chili releno's to go but not there to eat. Or else people forget or never have had good Mexican food.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have been back several times in the last couple of months. The al pastor meat here is awesome, either in tacos, or in the taco salad (just ask for it). Some of the best I have had amongst all the tacquerias in Sacramento, and around the state for that matter. And Mark in the bar can mix up some great drinks, from the Smokin' Old Fashion to the house margarita with chile salt on the rim. Food is very good, prices are decent, and drinks are great! Oh, and the house salsa is one of the best around, with great flavor and the right amount of heat!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The sidewalk café at this casual and modestly priced restaurant is a great match for Sacramento's mild climate. My chicken enchilada dish was tasty -- not exquisite but a good match for the price.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Holy Mole, Batman! This stuff rocks!

Yes, I dig their chicken mole dish. Subtle spices mingle in this chocolatey sauce smothering tender chicken. Partner this with their famous cilantro salad dressing and you have sensory satisfaction.

The restaurant itself has a lived-in yet comfy feel. Not as glam as Zocalo, however I find the portions to be more generous here. Head towards the back of the restaurant and you'll find the colorful, cheerful folklorico dress painting with beads on her dress! I want that painting. It would cheer me up.

I find that getting here early before the dining crowd ensures that you don't wait long for a place to sit. The menu has something for everyone. But hands down, their mole is one of the best I've tried.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Here is another of my top five Mexican restaurants in the US - they specialize in Northern Mexican food... All is hot, fresh ingredients and all to be washed down with their Margarita - which is ¡Muy delicioso!...