“if you want fantastic and different food, this is the place!”
Review of Tower Cafe

Tower Cafe
Ranked #6 of 2,004 Restaurants in Sacramento
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic
Sacramento, California
“if you want fantastic and different food, this is the place!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I met up there after work, so around 5:30pm. The place was already busy. We had a table near the door.
The service was good, they are friendly and attentive.
The menu choices are outstanding! Very different types of meals. I ordered the Thai steak. It was well presented and not too large a portion. The jasmine rice was good, the grilled vegetables and bok choy were excellent. The two sauces were good planning, one his spicy hot, the other sweet, so I could alternate.
Our only complaint is that the accoustics in the place are overwhelming. This is NOT the place for a romantic dinner for 2. The noise level is high and actually disturbing. We had to raise our voices to hear each other. I think because of all the glass and high ceiling the sounds bounce around too much.
It would be nice if they could arrange a quiet room. When I get off work I really need to chill a bit and relax. So I don't recommend it for after work unwinding.
But I do recommend it for a great meal, good service and a decent price.
We might do it on a different day of the week. We were there on a Friday night and it was really bustling.

• Visited October 2012

Las Vegas, Nevada
“GREAT BRUNCH!!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We came to Sac for a quick visit back in June and I pulled up "Best Brunch" on Yelp and this little GEM came up!!! We trusted that over 900 reviews and 4 stars, it must be pretty good, and it WAS!! We loved the ambiance and the food and the service was great. We waited in their garden area for about 20-30 minutes (which is normal for a great restaurant) and immediately had water and a server at our table when we were seated. There were 4 of us and we were able to try a few menu items (Eggs Tower, Denver omelet and French Toast along with the red potatoes that I ordered extra crispy) and everything was awesome.

• Visited June 2012
sacramento
“Funky Cafe”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The food is good and the atmosphere is eclectic. It's a nice change from the typical restaurant. Their menu has a good variety and if the weather is nice, their outdoor seating adds to the experience.

Visited August 2012
Sacramento, California
“HOrrible Service!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Terrible service... in this economy your servers should be grateful they have a job... this little !@## had such attitude like we were inconveniencing her every time I had to get my water refilled or ice tea refilled! Not to mention, every time we ordered something off the menu, they "just ran out of it"

Visited September 2012
Elk Grove, California
“Tower Cafe is a Classic”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've been going to the place for about fifty years, when it was a pharmacy and then the start of Tower Records. Now as an excellent local restaurant, open from breakfast until late dinner or friendly night bar, it's still worth visiting frequently. It draws locals in large numbers, even more now that Land Park is undergoing a wave of new, younger people in the small but good houses south of Broadway. Downtown employees make the short drive for lunch in particular, always easy because there is lots of parking. Inside reminds me of a hip joint with lots of palms; it would need only ferns to complete the welcome setting. The inside decor is crowded but delightful, focused most on India but with world-wide items as well, with lots of seats always cool in the air conditioning. The noise is high inside, but it adds to the friendly feeling. The restaurant is always busy and crowded, but relaxed with very good staff alert to visitors despite the business. The outside seating is the best in town, at its peak in spring and fall rather than in the summer heat; it's almost all in shade of trees and bushes reaching over the tables. Food is eclectic, with the current menu having lots of American, Mexican, Italian, Jamaica, Asian, Brazil and Vegetarian options. Prices are reasonable. A limited list of beers and wine is still full of some top quality options. (It's rare to see a good restaurant with Pliny the Elder Belgian-style ale.) Sometimes the food is OK but not particularly starring. This day my friend had a Thai Steak Salad, which he said had almost no spicy taste, while I had a Borracho Burger that was most dominated by a large bun of no special quality. However, when the two of us were there about three weeks ago, we had very good lunch items. My wife and her friends have a breakfast meeting about once a month in Tower Cafe and she swears about the high level of the breakfast quality.

• Visited October 2012