“Great food and amazing service”
Review of Il Fornaio

Il Fornaio
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 2,035 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Street
Transit: Regional Transit stops one block over on 4th and L Street. Amtrack stops three blocks over on 4th and I Street.
Description: Il Fornaio means "the Baker" in Italian. Located in downtown Sacramento, this award-winning restaurant offers an authentic and unique Italian dining experience and a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence 2007 wine list. Enjoy wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; house made and imported pastas; pizzas from an oak wood burning oven; fresh salads and house made soups; antipasti and a wide variety of desserts made daily from scratch.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We came to Il Fornaio during restaurant week. My wife had prawns....she said it was great and the size of those prawns were huge.

I had salmon, it was great.

I think this is one the best restaurants in Sacramento. The service was impeccable. They really care about every detail you can think of.

1  Thank Patrik P

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Again another great meal and Jeff our server was excellent. If you like Lemon Drops they have a very tasty and refreshing drink. I ordered the Salmon special which was topped with shrimp and crab. The Salmon was grilled and topped with an orange glaze and seated on top of mashed potatoes. I am so glad I chose this entree as it was excellent!!! The other 3 at the table had the Scallopine special which was pounded chicken cooked right in a asparagus pancetta type sauce with roasted potatoes which they all raved about. Dessert was the Zabilgione and the Chocolate mousse which both were delicious. I love coming here as the service is always outstanding and the food is beyond great.

1  Thank LGuerrieri
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Prior to traveling to Sacramento for Les Miserables we checked on a fine place to celebrate my birthday. We saw Il Fornaio listed and made a reservation online based on having eaten many times at Il Fornaio in Carmel, CA. What a night out! The great food, lovely atmosphere, and great staff were fantastic. When we arrived the host and I had a nice conversation about my appearance in Get Shorty. What a fun time. We enjoyed it and the food so much we went back the following evening. Our waitstaff both nights were prompt and professional. We will return.

1  Thank amazinn2
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We participate in the "Passport" dinner experience with our neighbors. Who would think that after so many dinners in the same restaurant that none of us get bored with the menu! The service is personal and excellent. The setting is beautiful, special and yet relaxing. Adults and well-behaved children will enjoy the experience.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Found this charming restaurant while walking from the hotel to the state capitol. We were early so there was not wait, but it was busy by the time we left. The service was good, and Beverly took good care of us. The food and wine were excellent, and the proferitoles were a perfect ending to a very nice experience. The atmosphere was calm and elegant. Would definitely go back if in Sacramento again.