“Awesome Breakfast!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fox & Goose
Ranked #49 of 1,983 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Pub, Irish
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sacramento
“Awesome Breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This has been a go to staple for me for 30+ years. The only thing that keeps me from going more often is the wait (which they handle very well). My wife and I stopped by for breakfast and, after about a 10 minute wait, were seated at what is probably the worst table. However, we were happy to be seated and didn't mind the seating at all (we were in the corner of the bar). I had the corned beef hash which is awesome and Deb had a veggie omelet which was also good. This is just a classic pub with good British offerings prepared well. The bloody and mimosa didn't hurt either :)

• Visited July 2013

San Francisco, CA
“Great vegetarian options!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

In Davis/Sacremento for my son's soccer tournament, and expecting crummy/non-veggie food in the area. This place is a gem. Good beer (not only good English beer, but also a couple of local beers), but outstanding options for vegetarians. We had the nut burger, the "TLT" (tempeh, lettuce, tomato), and veggie pasty. All were excellent. Service was great. The space is also beautiful, and some hip and interesting artsy types around. This should not be missed!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Rancho Cordova, California
“Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Went there this morning and everything was great. The scone with Devonshire cream was very good. Also, I like that you can get fruit instead of breakfast potatoes.

If I could improve the place I would add a traditional British breakfast with beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, and black pudding.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sacramento, California
“Guiness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

When it is cold and rainy in March and the "Green" is calling to my blood, this is where I go when I want my dark beer and some bangers and mash.

Visited March 2013
Galt, California
“Dinner Before the Theater”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were going to a show across the street at the New Helvetia Theater. We decided to have dinner at the Fox and Goose. We had fish and chips which was very good. The service was good and the waitress was very nice and cheerful. We will go back when New Helvetia has it's next show.

• Visited March 2013