“Best gelato in Sacramento. Really.”

Devine Gelateria & Cafe
Ranked #4 of 33 Bakeries in Sacramento
Sacramento, California
“Best gelato in Sacramento. Really.”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Hands down the BEST gelato I've had in the US. Okay, so you know how bread is baked daily and newspapers are delivered daily and...you get the picture. Well get this: GELATO MADE DAILY.

The flavors vary, and forgive me if I don't recall all of them. I meant to jot down the ones I saw, but at the same time, I didn't want to look like a Yelp nerd. From what I tasted and remembered:

* Three Berry - Yes, it really does taste like fresh berries!
* Strawberry Peach
* Fig & Ricotta
* Chocolate Mint
* Yogurt
* Coffee

There were roughly 15 flavors. The lady behind the counter (who happens to be the mother of the gelaterianina - I don't know the official name of people who make gelato) encourages you to try try try! I didn't need my arm twisted.

The fruit flavors are dairy-free - so this is great for those who can't eat dairy. But honestly, it was so creamy, so delectable, it will fool you. I walked away with a small of pistachio and the caramelatte. OMG. Heaven in a cup.

The cups and tasting spoons are compostable. So yes, you can throw them out and they eventually break down.

A small costs $3.50, medium $4.25, large $5.00 and a cone is $5.95. That better be one special cone at that price!

They also serve panini and coffee and will eventually bring back the baked goods. My only gripe - and this is from a selfish perspective - is that it would be nice to get a little gelato hill on the top of the servings instead of a flat top. I'm not talking mega scoops a la Leatherby's, but just a bit more rounded and I would be a happy camper.

Visited March 2013

“Devine!!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Best gelato ever! Fell absolutely in love with the Caramel Sea Salt flavor...O-M-G!!! Great location, and great service!

• Visited June 2013
Orangevale, California
“Best gelato!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I just went here last night and it was spectacular. I got a medium sized cup and two different flavored scoops and it was a great decision. It's about 25 minutes from my house and there are plenty of ice cream type places closer to me, but this is worth the drive!

• Visited February 2013
“Very Authentic Gelato”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This gelato is the absolute best I've found in Sacramento. Very authentic. The flavors are extremely fresh and vibrant. I always leave wanting more!!

Visited September 2012