“Lovely place to eat”

Cuisines: Fast Food
Description: Front and K Streets in Old Sacramento
Description: Front and K Streets in Old Sacramento
Reviewed June 14, 2016

I like my calamari and chips so we ordered some. Nice to say that the chips were lovely and crisp, the calamari was well coked and crisp as well, very tasty. The tomato sauce with mustard in it was a surprise - thought it might not work - but it worked beautifully. Would go again.

Reviewed May 31, 2016

If you want to eat for around 10 bucks or a little more this is a quick and reasonably priced option while looking around Old Sacramento. I got the standard fish and chips which was a decent sized portion and tasted ok. Not much seating inside, but there is plenty out on the porch looking out onto Old Sacramento. Food was delivered quick. Not five star dining, but if you are on a budget, and not concerned about how healthy the food is, then this is an ok option.

Reviewed May 23, 2016

I was exploring Old Sacramento, and I started to get hungry. As I inspected the menus posted outside of full service restaurants, the idea of fish & chips started to sound good—but I didn’t want to pay full service restaurant prices.

That’s where “Railroad Fish & Chips” comes in. Railroad Fish & Chips is a casual, family owned business. In short they have good meals for those on a budget. They have some indoor seating—with a TV to catch up on the game. Outdoor seating is available too.

I got a very nice fish & chip plate for $9.99, and was satisfied. But don’t think that fish & chips is all that they serve. In addition to various fried food plates (cod, catfish, shrimp, calamari, chicken), they also have salads, hamburgers, hotdogs—and a nice clam chowder in a sour dough bowl.

Reviewed April 20, 2016

Very tasty, crispy, and not greasy fish with hot, delicious fries. What's not to like. Staff is pleasant. Fun to eat out on picnic tables on the wooden boardwalk.

Reviewed March 21, 2016 via mobile

We took our grandkids here during an Old Sacramento visit. They have good kids' meals. My husband had a burger and I got fish tacos. It was all good.

1  Thank NativeSDgirl