“Hawthorn- airport hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento
Ranked #36 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Tub drain was backed up again, AC worked when it felt like it, did not receive the type of room that was booked, did not receive wake-up call. The plus side is that housekeeping is incredibly and sweet and wonderful. Front desk is pleasant and professional for this level of property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Martin D, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate you completing the review of your recent stay. I am sorry to learn that the drain in your tub backed up, and that you encountered some challenges with AC. It has been stifling hot in Sacramento this summer and those units have had a work-out. I hope that you informed our Guest Services team while you were here and allowed our Maintenance team an opportunity to make the required adjustments as quickly and unobtrusively as possible.

Thank you for recognizing our hardworking and dedicated Housekeeping and Guest Services teams. I hope we have the pleasure of your company again in the future.

Sacramento
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Very scary area lots of homeless and gang looking individuals front desk advised not to be out after dark. No smoking 20ft law is not enforced cig butts everywhere, rooms could be maintained better too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank Jeff S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

If you come to visit Sacramento you will encounter some of our large homeless population regardless of the district. That is undisputable. In order to make our guests feel more comfortable and at ease we provide shuttle service to a variety of restaurants and businesses within a five to ten minute drive. Our hotel is not located downtown, but is one exit from Old Town Sacramento, and a few minutes from downtown. We are not a location that is an easy walk to the mall or shopping. We do not advertise so. The majority of our guests drive to our location. We pick up and drop off at the airport, Greyhound bus terminal and downtown Rail Station, those that do not have their own means of transportation.

If one of my team members alluded to this hotel being in a dangerous location, or that our guests were not safe venturing out after dark, then they misspoke and it was both naïve and exaggerated. My front desk team members drive our shuttles. They transport our guests. They are genuinely caring individuals who realize that the guests who arrive at our hotel come from a variety of locations, both urban and rural. They answer questions and offer advice to make our guests feel welcome and informed. Nothing more.

The Hawthorn Suites Sacramento is a NON-Smoking hotel. Our rooms are 100% non smoking. It is apparent that many of our guests do smoke around the property and I will instruct my Housekeeping and Maintenance teams to remain vigilant and active in their retrieval efforts to pick up the debris left behind by some of our guests.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to our wonderful city. I truly wish that you left with a more favorable impression.

Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Arrived with confirmed reservations . . It took them 1.5 hours before they would give me a room key. The staff showed no initiative in contacting my company or checking for Fax from them for credit card numbers. The room was newly painted BUT THE BATHROOM SMELLED OF URINE, HAIR IN TUB, BOTTOM OF TUB PEELING PAINT AND SHOWER WALLS STAINED AND CRACKED I.E 1 star motel condition. The next day I was locked out of my room because they said the confirmation was only for one night. Again no one contacted by phone or the numbers listed on the fax which clearly stated contact us if you have any questions. Everyone at the front desk seem stupid and uneducated or very poorly trained. Never go here !!

Room Tip: Look at your room before you actually move in.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Martin D, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am saddened to hear that your stay was disappointing and I apologize for the poor condition of your guest room. I will most certainly address your concerns with my Housekeeping and Maintenance teams.

It is rare that I receive negative comments about our front desk team, as I am so used to hearing about their warm and friendly attitude and their eagerness to make our guests feel at home. I will assuredly use your comments and discuss your recent experience at our weekly Front Desk team meeting.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent accommodation needs and for taking the time to make us aware of your thoughts and concerns.