“Awesome stay with incredible staff who did everything they could to make our stay amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento
Ranked #36 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were hosting a homeschool conference downtown and we used this hotel for our staff and some of our speakers. It was far more than we expected and had a great experiencing working with the staff. They were truly meeting our every need. My wife and I stayed at this hotel for the first time and really enjoyed our stay. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank 2012Conference
sacramentohotelgm, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
I am familiar with the group you are with. The group has been coming here for years and seems to be a perfect fit for this hotel. We look forward to next year. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Poyntz Pass, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here over the fourth of July and it was a nice hotel the rooms were of a good size as four of us were in the one room, it had a fridge and a microwave in the room. They have an outdoor pool which was good as of the hot weather in Sacramento. They also have a gym. The best thing was happy hour and a half which was from 5 to 6:30. I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Aaron M
Lake Arrowhead, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed one night here via Expedia and regretted it from the start. was warned our keys would be sensitive, but come on! Couldn't even get through the 2nd floor security door another guest had to let me in and said everyone was having same problem. Got into the room and was hit by a strong urine smell.. Opened the windows only to find big holes in the screens, put on the box air under the window, smell got worse! Went into the bathroom, smelled like a sewer, and the tub was dirty stained and cracked .All the furniture was old, worn and stained. The kitchenette was nice and clean. The breakfast was decent but again the furniture upolstory was stained and dirty. Front desk staff was aloof and not welcomiming at all. Do not waste your time and money.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank andrea j
I hate to read this type of review. It shows how occasionally we totally miss the boat with a guest. I wish you had stopped by the desk and given me a chance to make this right. I will discuss your review with th staff and take the necessary actions to fix these problems. My apologies.
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We checked in around 5pm. There were no regular or pool towels in our room. It took 3 hours, 5 phone calls and a trip to the front desk to get them. I should have gone to get my own. They were thin and cheap. The pool towels looked like they were from my middle school gym locker room 25 years ago. The pool itself was pretty disgusting. I put my goggles on to look underwater and there were all sorts of things floating around. The "kitchenette" is a joke too. It's a counter with a microwave and refrigerator - not even a small sink. The bedding was pretty bad too. I think this hotel needs to have a 2 or 2.5 star rating, not a 3 star. Very misleading.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MommaMay
, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations here at the hotel. We are going through changes and upgrades. Obviously not fast enough. I will be reviewing your comments with all the personnel involved and we will resolve the issues. If you are coming back to the area please contact me directly through the Front Desk and I will insure that the quality of your next stay is improved.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know abouit these problems.
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Delta Airlines provided coupons for this hotel for passengers on an airplane that needed repair. I was shocked that they would choose this property. In the past, they have placed me at nice, clean, mid-range hotels. This was far below standard.
Check in was painfully slow, with a long line of Delta coupon guests taking 5 - 10 minutes each to check in. The lobby, halls, and room were worn and dirty. While my room was large, furnishings were very tired. The faucet on the sink leaked at the base all over the counter. I put a box of leftover pizza into the refrigerator. In the morning the box was covered with water and ice cubes the unit had deposited onto the lower shelves. The phone did not work properly. It rang when the desk called me, but no one could hear me, so they hung up. When I went down to the desk to tell them, they seemed unconcerned. I was unable to call out or get a wake-up call.

The security door leading to hall where my room was did not close properly, and so even though one was supposed to use a key to get in, no key was necessary, allowing anyone from the street to enter, a real security hazard.

I had Delta call ahead to find out if there was a restaurant on site where we could use the dinner coupons provided, and was assured there was one. It turned out to be a very dirty, seedy bar with a limited BarBQ menu, and did NOT take the coupons.

The shuttle only went once an hour. I was placed on a list for a certain time. When I arrived in the lobby 3 minutes before the departure time (by the clock behind the desk!!) it was pulling away. I had to run after it and bang on the windows to get it to stop. They never checked the list of people signed up, and the desk had no way (or no will) to call the driver.

Cheerful desk clerks do not make up for horrible facilities and overall poor service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Passage1333
As the new General Manager here, I found your review very enlightening and upsetting. I have work to do. I will be making the improvement of cleanliness and service my number one priority. Please visit again if you have the opportunity to come back to Sacramento. If you have problems at all just ask the desk in contact me and I am sure I can get your concerns resolved.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed here for one night and loved it! Bed slept awesome! My only problem was that the hottub was out of order and the pool did not look clean. Therefore, my grandchildren didn't get to swim with me for the first time. I had them both at the same time and was very disappointed. It was the main reason I chose the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
I am glad that your overall stay was good. I will address your concerns about the pool and spa directly with the staff involved. Please visit again when you are in the area. Thank you for taking the time to write the review. Input is always valuable.
Vallejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Planning a trip to the USA east coast we found the "Park Sleep Fly" program. At this hotel you can park for up to 30 days FREE if you spend one night in the hotel (just under $100), complementary 24-hour shuttle to airport included!

Our first night was met with gracious staff and a suite with full kitchenette. Micro, refring, stove, dishes, pots/pans, utensils. We were extremely pleased with the condition and cleanliness of this suite. Bed was comfy, room was quiet. HBO Guide was for next month so we had to spend the night flipping through channels to find decent tv entertainment. We did go to front desk to request a guide for current month (it was last day of month) and they could not produce one.

For airport shuttle, be positive to register your name, flight time, and car at desk. The next morning we enjoyed a very full (and vegan-friendly) comp breakfast before boarding airport shuttle. Arrived at airport 10-15 minutes later. Some other air travelers that morning did not register properly, causing an overbooked shuttle. Staff took it in stride, got a larger vehicle, transferred luggage and passengers, and we were on our way with minimal delay and no bad attitude.

This will be our regular plan for travel out of Sacramento airport on trips lasting 10+ days.

Room Tip: Full-kitchenette suites are lovely
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family