“9 rooms booked and no complaints!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento
Ranked #40 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This is the second time staying at this hotel. There was a local event at the nearby Power Balance Arena. Took a church youth group from San Jose. The hotel is under new management and Deb and her staff were awesome. Kept in contact in the prior months and weeks leading up to the check-in.
The hotel was fully booked but we found parking, check in was a breeze, 9 rooms all keys worked fine. The rooms were spacious and clean and they DID NOT SMELL LIKE SMOKE! We have stayed at other hotels and we specifically request non-smoking but always get 1 or 2 rooms the stink, haven't had this problem at Hawthorn.
The hotel was fully booked but the staff kept the breakfast line moving and the tables clean. Check out was quick and simple. They have a clean and comfortable lobby.
We've stayed at other hotels and there are always complaints from the group, this year we had about 50 people in our group and I did not hear a single complaint about the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We did not receive our wake up call. Shuttle left 15 minutes late and when we called from airport for pickup, no one was answering the phone. I called Wyndham heaquarters for help. We are now having to "wait" 20 more minutes before they will send a shuttle. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank CatCal76
Reviewed March 16, 2012

When we first arrived, we had trouble finding parking. As a matter of fact, we had to park at a restraunt parking lot, because their was no more spaces available. I was still excited to see my suite... when we went into the elevator... the door didn't fully close... I started to get a little dissapointed at this point. When we made it up, the main door had a security lock, which i appreciated. We made it to our room and it was quite big. had a kitchen, 3 big flat screen tv's, 2 in each room, and one in the living room. however, My 3 yr old daughter and i started getting itchy... the room was dusty, and the sheets looked and smelled like they haven't been washed( during my stay, I did not see ONE housekeeper) makes me wonder how big they are on sanitation.. the main reason why I'm giving it a 3 and not a five star is... Cleanliness. It's VERY important to have. They were cheap, which is a plus... but with the lack in parking &CLEANLINESS & location... I will not be going back.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank davanfam
sacramentohotelgm, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments & feedback regarding your recent stay with us. As the General Manager of the hotel, I sincerely apologize for your less than perfect experience with us. As a manager who works with the public, I truly value feedback, good or bad. We need to know how we’re doing from our guest’s perspective and for that reason, I really appreciate your comments. Based on your feedback, I researched your issues and did find some interesting information. We recently purchased new linens and I was told that some have only been washed a few times. From my experience, to reduce the scratchy feeling of new commercial linens, they should be washed at least 3 times prior to use. I apologize that you experienced new sheets that weren’t broken in properly. I’m happy to inform you that we have now washed all our new linens at least four(4) times to ensure they are soft and comfortable. I’m also happy to inform you that the elevator you reported not closing was repaired by our elevator company immediately after you reported it. Overall, we do our absolute best to ensure that every guest experiences a Clean, Safe, & Friendly hotel. No matter what, we let you down and didn’t meet your expectations. My hope is that you will give us another chance to earn back your business and show you that we can exceed your expectations in a hotel. If you’re ever in the Sacramento area again, I would like to invite you back to stay with us. Please call me directly and I will make sure to take care of your reservation personally. In conclusion, on behalf of my staff and myself, I thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to bring these issues to our attention. You’ve assisted us in being a better hotel to our current & future guests. Thank you!

Reviewed March 5, 2012

We just spent a weekend at this hotel. How many things could be wrong? The room keys had to be reprogrammed....twice, not a huge thing but when your arms are full and you're trying to open a door it's pretty annoying, then you get to run down to the lobby and stand in line. The fan in the bathroom didn't work, it made noise just didn't move any air, loved the sauna affect as you tried to dry off. Taking a shower was great if you're going for the therapeutic effect, it was a constant switch between hot/cold as you took a shower. The air conditioner ran...when it felt like it, and had a mildewy smell to it. When we came back the 1st evening, all the towels had been removed...and not replaced, along with one of the pillow cases, we had to call down to the lobby to get more towels. The second day, again, all the towels and wash cloths were gone, except for a used hand towel and wash cloth, had to call down to the lobby again. Then the wireless router wasn't working, had to call to get it fixed, which it was while we were out. Poor wireless speed. The last evening we were about to make coffee and noticed the coffee had not been replaced along with cups to drink from. Had to call down again. The bedding was odd, a comforter inside a giant sheet/pillowcase which made it almost impossible to have just a sheet covering you when the room was warmed up because the air conditioner wasn't working. Homeless everywhere. No decent place to eat nearby. On the plus side the breakfast in the lobby was pretty fair (the scrambled eggs were a little to "canned" though) and the workout room was pretty good even though both treadmills were missing the safety shutoff clips. A lawsuit waiting to happen. Should have insisted on a new room, just to busy dealing with a relative in the hospital.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
sacramentohotelgm, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Thank you for your comments & feedback regarding your recent stay with us. As the General Manager of the hotel, I sincerely apologize for your less than perfect experience with us. As a manager working with the public, I truly value feedback, good or bad. We need to know how we’re doing from our guest’s point of view and for that reason; I really appreciate your comments. Based on your feedback, we’ve made some immediate changes to our procedures and corrected the issues that you experienced. I assure you that all the issues you mentioned will be addressed and followed up on. On a positive note, we’re scheduled to do some room renovations this summer which include new carpeting, new air conditioning/heaters, and new fans in the bathroom area. These are just some of the items we’re addressing in our renovation project. No matter what, we let you down and didn’t meet your expectations. My hope is that you will give us another chance to earn back your business and show you that we can exceed your expectations in a hotel. If you’re ever in the Sacramento area again, I would like to invite you back to stay with us. Please call me directly and I will make sure to take care of your reservation personally. In conclusion, on behalf of my staff and myself, I thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to bring these issues to our attention. You’ve assisted us in being a better hotel to our current & future guests.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

Rooms were nice, staff was great, location sucks, homeless everywhere.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We stayed here for one night with another family. We had originally booked a two bedroom two bath suite but our room was given away unfortunately. So they gave us adjoining rooms which worked out fine since we were only there for one night any way. The hotel is definitely older and the hallways need some work but for the price you can't beat it. The breakfast buffet in the morning (free) was fantastic and located in their main lobby area which is really large and was decorated nicely for the holidays. If you don't expect a 4-5 star hotel then this is a great place to stay for a great price!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2012

We booked a room for 5 people. When we arrived they gave us a room with 2 beds. I went back to the front desk to have them fix the error. The front desk attendant was so rude and uncaring. He said they couldn't put a cot in there and instead gave us a new room with adequate beds for all five, but charged us more. When I spoke with a manager the next day her explanation was that the room was legal to sleep 5 but that didn't mean there were beds for 5 people. Really? BTW the new room we got had an air conditioner that was constantly leaking and we had to put the trash cans under to catch the water. Any positive aspects of the hotel were overshadowed by these terrible and ridiculous incidents! NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family