Tripadvisor
Sacramento
All reviews government buildings within walking distance instant oatmeal attended a conference location is great exercise room breakfast room downtown convention starbucks
Selected filters
Reviewed July 1, 2019

I was here a couple years ago, and came back on short notice and had no choice but to stay here. Location is great. Rooms need upgrading. Things like plumbing and fixtures need updating. Shower floods in even a quick shower (almost to overflowing). Carpet is very old. The have a Keurig machine, which is nice.

Room tip: G street is noisy...ask to be facing front of hotel
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CalistaF, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2019

Dear SuperFlyTNT2011:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our Holiday Inn Express. We hear you when you say we are need of some upgrades, and I'm happy to inform you that we are on it! We have recently remodeled our lobby and our breakfast room, and have plans to start upgrading our guest rooms soon. It is my hope that on your next visit to our area, we will be able to impress you with our new look! Again. we appreciate your feedback, and hope that we may have another opportunity to welcome you back.

Happy travels!

Calista Fulton

Reviewed June 24, 2019

Beds were rock hard! My husband and I both woke up sore. Only got 3 hours of sleep! You can hear traffic. Staff was friendly at check in but at check out when I told them that I did not get much sleep because beds were so uncomfortable they said nothing and acted like they could care less! Not how you should treat paying customers! Breakfast was ok. There is homeless people right outside hotel. Very nervous parking my car there. Won't return! Also don't think I would want to stay at Holiday Inn! Stay somewhere else! Will book Sheraton Grand next time in Sacramento!

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2019

Hi 731jeanettep,

Thank you for leaving feedback. Your thoughts are valued as these allow our hotel to deliver efficient accommodations. I'm sorry the bed and service level at check out let you down. It is our goal to meet your expectations and I sent you a private message to obtain additional detail.

Despite the shortcomings, I'm pleased that our check-in staff were helpful and breakfast suited your taste. It's the kind that's free and waits for you every morning.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed June 21, 2019 via mobile

When you check into your room and immediately start looking at other hotels in the area for an alternative, you know you made a mistake. I had certain expectations for the hotel brand; not luxury, but clean and well kept. Prices in the area seemed a bit high, with my choices limited to motels across the street like EconoLodge and TravelLodge or the higher end Hyatt. I didn’t want to spend $300-400 for a crash spot so I opted for the middle price range and the normally reliable Holiday Inn Express. The king room had an unusual oder, sort of musty smelling. The A/C worked but it was noisy and the vent was rusty and in disrepair. Odd looking stains on the ceiling. The bathtub/shower floor was squishy and unstable, as if the base of the tub was either rotting the floor below or the adhesive had come loose. Overall, a big disappointment and one I would have asked out of if staying longer than 10-12 hours. Breakfast in the morning was not worth the stop.

I don’t enjoy writing a bad review. I will say the staff was friendly, the room was clean and large, the bed comfortable. That’s it for the pros.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

aDear DavidHPDX:

I am so sorry to hear that your time with us fell short of your expectations. We are in the midst of extensive renovations to address the issues that you have noted, and give our hotel a newer, fresher feel. I regret that we failed to impress you this time around, but I am pleased to know that you found our rooms to be clean and our staff to be friendly. It is my sincere hope that you will give us another opportunity to impress you after our renovations have been completed.

Warmest Regards,

Calista Fulton

Reviewed May 28, 2019 via mobile

Staff were really pleasant, friendly and helpful. If only the accommodation reflected that vibe. The room was dark and dingy, old fashioned. Sheets were very fresh and crisp and the bed comfortable. But the carpet and other furnishings were old and worn.

Glad I only stayed one night!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2019

Hello happybbq,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. In every visit, we'd love to see you smile. I guess we did it with our warm and welcoming staff, and with the clean and crisp linens.

It is disappointing though that we were not able to keep that smile on this occasion due to the condition of the room. I am taking note of your insights and sharing it with or hotel management. I am confident that the necessary steps will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.

Safe travels,

Deborah R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed May 22, 2019

Though under construction still, the staff is great, the rooms are up to date and clean and the location is great for food, coffee and a nice city vibe. Within walking distance of a handful of great restaurants and the government buildings, including a beautiful park with trees from all over the world. Second time here, would definitely come back.

Date of stay: May 2019