Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center
Ranked #32 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Good value in downtown Sacramento. Close to the capitol, convention center and downtown. Room was comfortable and clean. Good breakfast every morning. Staff was friendly and helpful. Theaters are nearby as well as good restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014
strat1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for the nice review; it’s always a pleasure to hear from our guests. See you on your next visit to Sacramento.

Hotel Staff

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

First time staying in the downtown sac area but really enjoyed this holiday inn. Very clean, newer and excellent freindly staff. Free breakfast a plus. Very quiet stay. Of the three or four surounding hotels this one is the nicer one id recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014
strat1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

We are pleased you chose and enjoyed our hotel while visiting downtown Sacramento. Thank you

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The Holiday Inn Express is in a convenient location. It's an average, if not slightly rundown facility with nothing special to speak of. The breakfast was mediocre, but well stocked. We had a few problems with the room that had to be fixed and most were done promptly. The worst part was a loud banging noise that the A/C made periodically. It kept waking us up in the night.
Overall, not a good value at full price ($99/night).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
strat1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

We appreciate your feedback and will look in-to the banging A/C pipe issues. Thank you.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed for a quick overnight to attend a concert at the Crest Theater, and had a very nice experience. There was a group of 3 young folks checking in ahead of me, and they were apparently a little inebriated, as they were loud and obnoxious, and kept asking the staff person inane questions, and taking way too much time. The clerk was unfailingly polite and helpful, and took pains to look at me behind the group and tell me pointedly that she'd be with me in just a moment. The group of 3 morons took no heed. After several minutes, I was finally able to check in, and the clerk was again unfailingly polite when I asked for a room as far away from that group as possible, a request which was granted. The lobby, halls, grounds and rooms were scrupulously clean. (My friend's separate room initially smelled overwhelmingly of bleach -- the room itself, not the bathroom -- but instead of complaining she just left the windows open while we attended the concert, and the smell dissipated.) I did not understand a previous posters issues with the coffee maker and ice bucket being initially placed on the counter in the bathroom -- I simply moved them. Though my room was located directly behind the pop machines and ice maker, I had a blissfully quiet stay. The only negative, and a small one at that, was that the hot water to the bathroom sink took, literally, nearly 5 minutes to be hot. Hot water to the shower did not have a similar problem, and arrived quickly. Everyone we came in contact with, from front desk attendants to janitorial staff roaming the hallways keeping everything ship-shape, were friendly and each one smilled, made eye contact and smiled. We asked the front desk to arrange a taxi for us, and they did so with a smile -- however, I think they may have called a cousin or something because he took over 20 minutes to arrive, and then didn't know how to find the Crest Theater, and took us to a movie theater downtown instead. We got a different cab going back, and the fare was nearly half as much. The breakfast area is quite inviting, and the food was very good. It was kept hot and in quantity by the attendant. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to go back to this Holiday Inn Express for future trips to Sacramento. It's easy to find in a good location with ample parking, has clean, quiet rooms with friendly, efficient staff, and offers a terrific "free" breakfast -- what more could you want?

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
strat1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your hotel stay with us, it was a pleasure to read and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I do not recommend this location at all. The service was terrible. I checked in and the front desk staff was dressed inappropriately. She was wearing a provocative blouse that reveals her massive cleavage that was uncomfortable to my sight. She was disrespectful to the customers and was inapproachable. When I got in to my room, I noticed that the carpeted floor was damped with some sort of fluid so I did not bother taking my shoes off my entire stay at this location. In addition, I did not like the idea of making coffee in my bathroom and keeping the ice bucket in the bathroom as well. I felt that it was unsanitary of them to keep all of those things in the counter sink. On the other hand, I had a great breakfast and was able to enjoy varieties of muffins, bagels, pancakes, sausage, omelet, and the option for hot and cold beverages. Special thanks to the chef as she was the only approachable at the hotel as the rest seemed to show no passion for their work.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank snguyen2003
strat1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

We thank you for the time you have contributed to compose this response, as we do value feedback in our efforts to enhance quality control. We apologize for your dissatisfaction and would like for you to contact us and speak to our Guest Service Manager to discuss more about your experience so that we may address it in the correct manner.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at the HI Express. Enjoyed the free WiFi, complimentary parking, free business center, and friendly and helpful staff. Also, appreciated the convenient location within walking distance to the convention center and several great restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WisconsinsFinest
strat1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

We are glad to hear that our staff was responsive to your needs and that our Hotel was convenient for your stay. Please keep us in mind if you decide on returning to our captivating city.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had a great experience at the Holiday Inn Express. We were pleasantly surprised to open the door of our room to find an updated room and bathroom. And our king size bed was super comfortable. Overall the hotel was clean and the entire staff was very friendly. One staff member stopped vacuuming to let me pass and say a very cheery good morning.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IowaTraveler319
strat1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and greeted kindly by our staff. Thank you for the feedback, and we hope to welcome you back once again in the future.