“Best in the area!”

Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center
Ranked #26 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
“Best in the area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

First time staying in the downtown sac area but really enjoyed this holiday inn. Very clean, newer and excellent freindly staff. Free breakfast a plus. Very quiet stay. Of the three or four surounding hotels this one is the nicer one id recommend.

• Stayed March 2014
strat1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
We are pleased you chose and enjoyed our hotel while visiting downtown Sacramento. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Leesburg, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

The Holiday Inn Express is in a convenient location. It's an average, if not slightly rundown facility with nothing special to speak of. The breakfast was mediocre, but well stocked. We had a few problems with the room that had to be fixed and most were done promptly. The worst part was a loud banging noise that the A/C made periodically. It kept waking us up in the night.
Overall, not a good value at full price ($99/night).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
strat1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
We appreciate your feedback and will look in-to the banging A/C pipe issues. Thank you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed for a quick overnight to attend a concert at the Crest Theater, and had a very nice experience. There was a group of 3 young folks checking in ahead of me, and they were apparently a little inebriated, as they were loud and obnoxious, and kept asking the staff person inane questions, and taking way too much time. The clerk was unfailingly polite and helpful, and took pains to look at me behind the group and tell me pointedly that she'd be with me in just a moment. The group of 3 morons took no heed. After several minutes, I was finally able to check in, and the clerk was again unfailingly polite when I asked for a room as far away from that group as possible, a request which was granted. The lobby, halls, grounds and rooms were scrupulously clean. (My friend's separate room initially smelled overwhelmingly of bleach -- the room itself, not the bathroom -- but instead of complaining she just left the windows open while we attended the concert, and the smell dissipated.) I did not understand a previous posters issues with the coffee maker and ice bucket being initially placed on the counter in the bathroom -- I simply moved them. Though my room was located directly behind the pop machines and ice maker, I had a blissfully quiet stay. The only negative, and a small one at that, was that the hot water to the bathroom sink took, literally, nearly 5 minutes to be hot. Hot water to the shower did not have a similar problem, and arrived quickly. Everyone we came in contact with, from front desk attendants to janitorial staff roaming the hallways keeping everything ship-shape, were friendly and each one smilled, made eye contact and smiled. We asked the front desk to arrange a taxi for us, and they did so with a smile -- however, I think they may have called a cousin or something because he took over 20 minutes to arrive, and then didn't know how to find the Crest Theater, and took us to a movie theater downtown instead. We got a different cab going back, and the fare was nearly half as much. The breakfast area is quite inviting, and the food was very good. It was kept hot and in quantity by the attendant. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to go back to this Holiday Inn Express for future trips to Sacramento. It's easy to find in a good location with ample parking, has clean, quiet rooms with friendly, efficient staff, and offers a terrific "free" breakfast -- what more could you want?

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
strat1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your hotel stay with us, it was a pleasure to read and we all look forward to your return.
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I do not recommend this location at all. The service was terrible. I checked in and the front desk staff was dressed inappropriately. She was wearing a provocative blouse that reveals her massive cleavage that was uncomfortable to my sight. She was disrespectful to the customers and was inapproachable. When I got in to my room, I noticed that the carpeted floor was damped with some sort of fluid so I did not bother taking my shoes off my entire stay at this location. In addition, I did not like the idea of making coffee in my bathroom and keeping the ice bucket in the bathroom as well. I felt that it was unsanitary of them to keep all of those things in the counter sink. On the other hand, I had a great breakfast and was able to enjoy varieties of muffins, bagels, pancakes, sausage, omelet, and the option for hot and cold beverages. Special thanks to the chef as she was the only approachable at the hotel as the rest seemed to show no passion for their work.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank snguyen2003
strat1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
We thank you for the time you have contributed to compose this response, as we do value feedback in our efforts to enhance quality control. We apologize for your dissatisfaction and would like for you to contact us and speak to our Guest Service Manager to discuss more about your experience so that we may address it in the correct manner.
Monterey, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at the HI Express. Enjoyed the free WiFi, complimentary parking, free business center, and friendly and helpful staff. Also, appreciated the convenient location within walking distance to the convention center and several great restaurants.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WisconsinsFinest
strat1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
We are glad to hear that our staff was responsive to your needs and that our Hotel was convenient for your stay. Please keep us in mind if you decide on returning to our captivating city.
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had a great experience at the Holiday Inn Express. We were pleasantly surprised to open the door of our room to find an updated room and bathroom. And our king size bed was super comfortable. Overall the hotel was clean and the entire staff was very friendly. One staff member stopped vacuuming to let me pass and say a very cheery good morning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IowaTraveler319
strat1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and greeted kindly by our staff. Thank you for the feedback, and we hope to welcome you back once again in the future.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express offers some great advantages compared to other downtown hotels in that it offers free parking, internet, and breakfast. With a very good deal on Priceline, this was a no-brainer choice for a weekend exploring Sacramento and I would certainly stay here again. Check-in was very fast and the people working the front desk are very nice!

The hotel is older and in a nice neighborhoody section of Sacramento. The old governor's mansion is only a block away and it was a fairly short walk to the Capitol building. Because the building is old and has wood floors and thin walls, it was loud. I could hear people walking all over the place and in the next room. I imagine if there are loud guests that it would be completely annoying!

The rooms themselves are comfortable with nice beds and pillows. Bathroom had nice lighting that wasn't too bright as most cheaper hotels seem to be. The shower needed a makeover but was perfectly fine. Toilet also required a little finagling with the handle to get it to work right. Overall, the room was perfectly fine and was clean. A fridge is included and there are plenty of plugs by the bed - thank you!

I did take advantage of the breakfast one morning and it was nice. The seating area was very clean and modern and the staff was attentive. They had the typical breakfast fare but it was good and appeared fresh. I made myself some delicious sausage and cheese sandwiches on a toasted bagel.

Overall, a nice hotel that isn't in the heart of downtown but close enough where you can walk or drive just about anywhere. A nice little getaway to the capital of the greatest state in the union!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank everyshadeofblue
strat1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel, we are pleased you found it a positive experience & will be returning. We hope to see you back soon.